Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

how to tie ricca into my block of wood

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    How to tie ricca into my block of wood.I got a 5feet tank but my light is only 144watts as i cant find the casing for 5 feet tank.I got worry that the ricca may not bubble after i plant it in my tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kindly use the search function of the forum or else somebody might start to say something liao...LOL [] ...OK...FAQ section has them.

As for the lights, you can go to Nature Aquarium (address in LFS list on top) to seek advice from Mr Chan...Your one with hood or no hood?
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just wrapped the nylon string around the wood with the ricca on. After about 2 week, the riccia will cover the nylon string and will look nice.

You have do re-do the whole thing after a few months when the riccia float up.

About riccia bubbling. No harm trying, right? I think it will bubble in your tank but how much is another factor.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    plant talk, what's the dimension of your tank, esp the height? If yours is a 45cm or 60cm high tank, 144W may be too dim. your riccia may grow slow, thin and little bubbling (if any at all). Riccia needs injection of CO2 too, mine's at 2bps.

For tying, I used a synthetic mesh/ net. a piece of advice though: it's something I've encountered. it'll be good if your driftwood can be removed from your tank easily. My wood is partially buried in the substrate, so I can't remove it to re-tie the riccia, so big headache []

good luck, hope to see your tank soon!