Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Baby Cherry Shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hurray! I found a baby cherry shrimp (about 6mm) while cleaning my filter. I nearly pour it away!

To those who want to breed cherry shrimp, it think it's not difficult. The only problem is space. They can't breed in a community tank. The fries (or what do you call baby shrimp?) will be food for the community.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    congrats!!! its great to see new lives emerging from yr own tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i once found a little shrimp in my 2231 canister which i use for my 1.5ft shrimp tank. after that, i make sure i check the canister before pouring the water away.

i just got some cherry shrimps from nature and put into my 2ft tank which uses a 2233 canister. gotta check the canister one of these days, cos i don't know if any of those little ones have been curious enough to go to the inlet![:0]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Right, Shrimps always ended up in the filter. Those with eheim surface skimmer, you'll see more[]. They have no problem surviving in the filter. Wonder how long have they been there since we don't dismantle our filter that often..
    So for shrimps keeper, when you realised that your shrimps are getting less, try looking for them in the filter[:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I tried to look for my Bee shrimps. All(10) but 1 gone the next day. Can't even find them in the filter! Sadly, the only survivor also gone to heaven.

For the Cherry shrimps, I got a better success rate for them. Only 2 out of 5 survived and breed. But alas, one 1 baby!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi

You guys sure that the baby shrimps will still survive in the filter??

My Cherry shrimps also managed to give birth to some. Managed to count 6 the other time but only 1 last nite.

Looks likei will dismantle my filter soon! Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Filter is the only safe place for them. The only other place you can put them is a separate tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kc, I have about 10+ new baby cherrys too! think they're from 2 batches of spawning - the 2 females are carrying eggs again - hope I'll get more [] [] []. Then if my shrimp population expode, can spare some to everyone too

I dun keep a separate tank for my cherrys, perhaps it's the moss wall and glosso carpet that's hiding them from my tetras, keep seeing them there. I keep only cardinals and rummy noses, maybe they're less aggressive towards shrimps too [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, yes! Lucky for you. You don't have other agressive one. I find that even cherry barb can be agressive.

BTW, I got one cherry shrimp that is very red and another one with abit of red stripe only (not red). Do you guys know why? Can it be that one is female and the other male?