Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Fries from Malayan Shrimps

Feedback Score

Fries from Malayan Shrimps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has anyone notice that the malayan shrimps you bought spawn when you get home? Well, I just bought 100pcs last week and inside the plastic bag, they already started hatching fries and when I release them inside my tank, they are hatching more of it. So I decided to take some of the pregnant ones and put them in a bare tank with mosses. The hatching is even more intense. Now I got a 1.5 ft tank full of malayan fries! But I also noticed that after laying eggs, the female shrimps tend to die easily. Is this a norm thing?

Currently no feeding is done cos I assume they can survive on mosses and algae.How do I take care of them?
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dawn, I have Malayan shrimps - so far no spawning yet, but my cherrys are spawning. is this relevant? hehe but anyway, don't think you need to care too much for them - methinks the algae and flakes will sustain them a long way. only thing would be to protect them from predation. Since yours are in a moss tank, think most will survive.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u could remove the moms back to the main tank and leave the fry in the 1.5 footer. change water regularly but carefully cos shrimp are sensitive to changes in the water. [] yea like anakin says, the algae, moss, and flakes will sustain them for a long long time
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.