Country
    Singapore

"Sure took me long" 1FT cube journal

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    thread closed.
    Last edited by torque6; 24th Apr 2009 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Thread closed.
    Last edited by torque6; 24th Apr 2009 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    very nice hc lawn. And the bubbling on the plants are so lovely.

So tempted to try out hc also but too bad my tank is non-co2.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Looking good!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Great focal concept with the wood as the centerpiece there! I don't know whether is it me anot, but i always like to have Moss in all my planted tanks as far as possible.

If you replace your needle fern with some Moss, i think it will be great!! But nevertheless, great effort and I really really like your Rotalas Indica! SWEET!

Your're very humble too aye ? Thanking and remembering everybody! Good on ya mate!
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wei View Post
    very nice hc lawn. And the bubbling on the plants are so lovely.

So tempted to try out hc also but too bad my tank is non-co2.
    thanks wei.

Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    Looking good!
    thanks blue33 for your help in these few months, im now in the mids to visualizing how the end scape would look, so would want to trimm the rotalas accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Great focal concept with the wood as the centerpiece there! I don't know whether is it me anot, but i always like to have Moss in all my planted tanks as far as possible.

If you replace your needle fern with some Moss, i think it will be great!! But nevertheless, great effort and I really really like your Rotalas Indica! SWEET!

Your're very humble too aye ? Thanking and remembering everybody! Good on ya mate!
    Thanks trevor, i have considered moss, but i used to keep taiwan moss as the backdrop, unfortunately it gave rise to trapping of BGA spores than actually beautifying the tank, beside.. clearing bits and pieces of mosses during WC isnt my cup of tea.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    thanks blue33 for your help in these few months, im now in the mids to visualizing how the end scape would look, so would want to trimm the rotalas accordingly.
    No problem, we hope you also enjoy the hobby as much as we do, of course with lesser problem. Those trim rotala, you can either replant them or use lead tie them and put it back to the tank to absorb extra nutrients, wait till the new growth of the rotala before removing, once trim it usually reset the setting, some of them got algae outbreak after the trim and they didnt know why.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Excellent journal of the tank setup. And beautiful tank and photos!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    lovely tank torque, glad to see your masterpiece finally up on display

I've had a similar experience with rotala sp. 'green' growing much slower than other stems in my latest project. Hope the growth picks up for both of us soon

Only comment I have is the choice of filtration. I've generally found HOBs to be bad for planted tanks. Perhaps you could consider upgrading to an Eheim 2211? Provides great flow for a 1ft cube planted tank.

I'll be doing a complete rescape of my office 1ft cube soon, hopefully I can glean some inspiration from yours.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by juggler View Post
    Excellent journal of the tank setup. And beautiful tank and photos!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    lovely tank torque, glad to see your masterpiece finally up on display

I've had a similar experience with rotala sp. 'green' growing much slower than other stems in my latest project. Hope the growth picks up for both of us soon

Only comment I have is the choice of filtration. I've generally found HOBs to be bad for planted tanks. Perhaps you could consider upgrading to an Eheim 2211? Provides great flow for a 1ft cube planted tank.

I'll be doing a complete rescape of my office 1ft cube soon, hopefully I can glean some inspiration from yours.
    Thanks Illunmae! Yup, i recalled the suggestion you gave that HOB isnt too good for planted, but i wasnt too keen about priming after trying the resun cyclone due to the hassle.

I will try to maintain water level of my tank at above the hob outlet so to minimise splashing resulting in co2 loss.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    eh priming? I've never had a priming problem with the resun cyclone, eden 501 and eheim 2211 oh well whatever works best for you

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The tank looks complete and the bubbles are nice No fauna yet?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sir....may i know where did you get that Jetart fan? was thinking of fixing to my Illumax too..
    Formally known as EpiCentre in AQ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    eh priming? I've never had a priming problem with the resun cyclone, eden 501 and eheim 2211 oh well whatever works best for you
    illumnae, when it comes to canister, you're the expert, honestly i cannot make it. I tried the cyclone but no matter how i primmed, theres still bubbles in the tubbing. When i tried to resolve this, I accidentally twisted the tubing and the knobs gave way ->spilling all the water on the floor...so give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    The tank looks complete and the bubbles are nice No fauna yet?
    Thank you Jervis, my 2 boraras and nerite in the interim tank, will introduce them to the tank when it stabilises. Doing a trim and throwing away all the emmersed leaves/stems and replanting the newly submersed ones. I am hesitant to add more fauna, as i believe these 2 boraras are the strongest strand ive bought from c328, the other 6 all KO.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaSynthesis View Post
    sir....may i know where did you get that Jetart fan? was thinking of fixing to my Illumax too..
    Yo bro ! thanks for dropping by... the jetart fan can get from sim lim square. 3rd floor. forgot the name of the shop, its the one with the orange colored sign board. AZ something .... it has a chain of stores selling misc stuff like cd/fans/mouse mats/wires/hardware/graphic cards/power supply...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro,

Can i know what is the reason why HC do not crawl along the gravel instead they stray?

As i have similar issue thus need your help.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by instinctloh View Post
    Bro,
    Can i know what is the reason why HC do not crawl along the gravel instead they stray?
    As i have similar issue thus need your help.
    Thanks
    should be lighting. Im only having an 18w, though it meets the 3wpg but somehow there has always been a debate as to whether it applies for tank less than 1FT.

My indica is growing a nice browness hue instead of a strong red, so it is indicating sufficient light instead of strong. Perhaps this is the reason why HC stray instead of creeps.

Im currently facing growth similar to that of vurbul sometime back where his HC is growing on top of 1 another. I observe several patches of upward reaching HC today. Will post some pics maybe tomorrow.

rgds

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sir...
    are you using the shorter, 18W PL tube? cuz the 24w is long one..
    Formally known as EpiCentre in AQ

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Not sure if I had commented on this tank earlier but its really nice... I'm watching this thread with interest as I will be setting up a 1ft cube soon...

Slow and steady(with a fair bit of planning) is the way
    Pleco and Cory Idiot Savant

L46,L66,L333,L48,L201,L134,BN,L184,L168s and others...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice mini garden
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaSynthesis View Post
    sir...
    are you using the shorter, 18W PL tube? cuz the 24w is long one..
    Yes syn, im using the shorter tubing, it fits nicely too as well as it doesnt dangle or touch the acrylic light screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Not sure if I had commented on this tank earlier but its really nice... I'm watching this thread with interest as I will be setting up a 1ft cube soon...
    Slow and steady(with a fair bit of planning) is the way
    thanks Savant, ya it did take a fair bit of planning and sourcing around for the right bogwood pieces to create the right "feel" for this tank. Its been worthwhile. Not to mentioned a list of plants i had in mind initially before deciding which i will be planting in the tank to create a nice color tone for the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by uklau View Post
    Nice mini garden
    Hi again Lau, thank you !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast