Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by unclerobin View Post
    Yeah bro you made it..just want to know what temperature did you achive with all the light turn on, did you use the sump method and how many powerhead you using.
    maybe you can post some picture here for viewing

actually i am thinking of using copper piping for the coil in the strainer but was worry due to high copper content in the water ( any bro here can please give some advise) if is ok to use copper piping i can diy them, maybe we can share cost in diying it as i got all the equipment and tools

regard
    robin
    I have not turned on the light and tried out yet (will test out when I have the time) and I am using a similar method as you (not sump). The sump method is not easy to customise reason being the fridge is too small to have a reasonable volumn of water to bluff. Unless I can get a bigger fridge which is definitely a great idea to do a sump tank in the fridge.

If you are not keep CRS/shrimps, I think it should be fine with copper piping. However it will be good to have stainless steel pipes even though copper is softer and easier to work with. By the way bro, do you have the tools to bend the pipes or asking some shops to help to bend them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by windcharm View Post
    I have not turned on the light and tried out yet (will test out when I have the time) and I am using a similar method as you (not sump). The sump method is not easy to customise reason being the fridge is too small to have a reasonable volumn of water to bluff. Unless I can get a bigger fridge which is definitely a great idea to do a sump tank in the fridge.

If you are not keep CRS/shrimps, I think it should be fine with copper piping. However it will be good to have stainless steel pipes even though copper is softer and easier to work with. By the way bro, do you have the tools to bend the pipes or asking some shops to help to bend them?
    hi,windcharm
    awaiting for the temperature of your tank at full blast( all lights on)
    i'm into crs/shrimp too, so i think need to scrap the idea of using copper pipe. i only got the equipment to bend copper pipe. for stainless steel pipe i try to scout around with my supplier. will keep you posted if able to get someone to bend it, i need a set for myself too.
    Regards
    Robin Tan

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by unclerobin View Post
    hi,windcharm
    awaiting for the temperature of your tank at full blast( all lights on)
    i'm into crs/shrimp too, so i think need to scrap the idea of using copper pipe. i only got the equipment to bend copper pipe. for stainless steel pipe i try to scout around with my supplier. will keep you posted if able to get someone to bend it, i need a set for myself too.
    Hi Bro, sorry about that. I am not able to take the temperature of my tank with lights on as I have not fully setup my tank yet. The tank is set up in my new house and I have not moved in yet. I am also scraped the idea of using stainless steel pipe as they are too hard to bend in such a small area. Copper pipes are the easiest to bend but I am not taking the risk for shrimp tank... I am thinking of aluminium pipes but I am not sure it can be bended or not as it is much brittle than other metals.

Currently my tank temperature without light is reading 22.3 degree. However I realise something, my freezer area melted... it does not freeze... I think it is because I am using a metal/aluminium kind of container and it conduct the heat/cool faster than the freezer can freeze the water to ice at the freezer compartment area. (not the water in the metal container). Do you encounter such problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12