Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to take care red coloured aqua plants?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    T5 would be a better choice.
    Thanks. You always give me 'difficult time' to make decisions decisions

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlejuice403 View Post
    Hi bros,
    read this thread with great interests as I had recently bought & planted some stalks of Rotala Sp. Red into my Nano tank (10 litres) to introduce some redness into my tank... After some days, I noticed that the new leaves growing out are green instead of red & I think it's due to lack of Iron in my dosing regime... A few questions below:

1) Since it's just a Nano GEX tank, what options (additivies) can I get (what brand & roughly how much it'll cost?) to let the plant gain back its redness?
    2) If this tank has shrimps (Cherries, Sakura, Taiwan, CRS) in them, anything I need to take care of or must avoid
    3) Just using the default GEX PL light, is it enough to drive or maintain the redness of this plant?
    Thanks in advance for all replies!!
    Regards.
    1) Since it's just a Nano GEX tank, what options (additivies) can I get (what brand & roughly how much it'll cost?) to let the plant gain back its redness?
    Ans: For 1ft and below i would recommend at least 18W, ADA mini tank the lighting is already 27W, guess Amano knows it need that much. When you increase light, you need to increase CO2, ferts etc... Rotala needs strong light, iron and potassium to become red.

2) If this tank has shrimps (Cherries, Sakura, Taiwan, CRS) in them, anything I need to take care of or must avoid
    Ans: Cherries and Sakura are pretty strong, i using EI method ferts method with high CO2 and they are ok, CRS i'm not sure as i haven keep CRS before so i cant tell you.

3) Just using the default GEX PL light, is it enough to drive or maintain the redness of this plant?
    Ans
    : See Question 1 answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerhfanatic View Post
    how about ottos bro?
    Ans: Otos no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Thanks. You always give me 'difficult time' to make decisions decisions
    Ans: T5 i think you'll save $ and more efficient and also lesser heat.

Like answering exam question ...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    1)
    Like answering exam question ...
    thanks consultant!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ans: For 1ft and below i would recommend at least 18W, ADA mini tank the lighting is already 27W, guess Amano knows it need that much. When you increase light, you need to increase CO2, ferts etc... Rotala needs strong light, iron and potassium to become red.

Ans: Cherries and Sakura are pretty strong, i using EI method ferts method with high CO2 and they are ok, CRS i'm not sure as i haven keep CRS before so i cant tell you.

Ans: See Question 1 answer.
    Thanks alot bro blue33 for the exam-liked answers!! Think I'll stick to the original lightset first while seeing if adding the iron & potassium additives are enough to bring out or maintain its redness... [Thinking of getting Seachem's Iron & Potassium, is it good enough?? Will these additives be harmful for CRSs - know CRSs hate copper, how about Iron & Potassium?? ]

Many thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Inject massive fund to the setup now(read too much financial news). Extra boost :T5 lights, PL lights, new additional substrate, Ferrotabs and fertilizers, new plants, partial real Sunlight (opening for sunlight to penetrate the tank).

If everything OK and up to standard, post the photo next week.

and hey it is still low cost low tech

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan01 View Post
    Orion have you tried stick fertilizer or those root monster inserts?

Will adding just :

KNO3 is potassium nitrate
    KH2PO4 is potassium di-hydrogen phosphate

in long term be sufficient?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    they also require more iron in their fert regime

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan01 View Post
    This was the condition of my Alternanthera reineckii before.

...and since been injection Seachem Iron, LushGro-Micros & Aqua-Gro last 2 week (least 3x weekly) and this has been the result
    Thanks to blue33 bro...my plant result after using JBL 7+13 ball fertilizer.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Dont mention Morgan01. The wonder of "JBL 7+13 ball" fertilizer is they will absorb the nutrient and release the nutrient when they found the lack of nutrients in the water, this is good for plant that need lots of nutrients like red plant and crypt.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234