Images
    Country
    Singapore

fissidens growth requirement??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i like to plant fissidens on my 2ft tank soon....any fissidens expert can give me this particular plant growth requirement such as water temperature, heavy nitrate lover,light requirement etc. In the market ,there are how many different types of fissidens???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, I am growing it in my 2 feet low tech tank.

Using only fan to cool the water and no fert at all. Weekly water change of about 40% with 36 watts of light for 8 hours daily. But it will grow slowly and with shrimp it will be lush and green..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    To my limited knowledge, fissiden needs cold water to grow well, my tank is 24-25 deg C. Currently available in the fish shop are US fissiden and thai fissiden (which I intend to try soon).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by taygu View Post
    Hi, I am growing it in my 2 feet low tech tank.

Using only fan to cool the water and no fert at all. Weekly water change of about 40% with 36 watts of light for 8 hours daily. But it will grow slowly and with shrimp it will be lush and green..
    thanks taygu, oh low tech works for this plant...hmm thats interesting...looks like its able to adapt to different conditions...any major problems or sudden death of the plant? oh by the way do they come in emersed form when you buy it?? any acclimatisation problem??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
    To my limited knowledge, fissiden needs cold water to grow well, my tank is 24-25 deg C. Currently available in the fish shop are US fissiden and thai fissiden (which I intend to try soon).
    thanks dkk..hmm 25 deg C...how to identify between us and thai fissidens?? do you have any personal preference??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm well I prefer the US Fissiden (of cause I only have the US fissiden now) as the fronds are smaller compared to the thai fissiden. U can head down to C328 where they've both types of fissiden to see which one attracts you more. Oh ya the thai fissiden seems to be a brighter green color.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    There are many type of fissiden like singapore fissiden( NA used to have it) , japan fissiden and fissiden zippelianus