Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    wah, bought back my memories as well... i spent 2 nights there during my hk trip last Dec. Hope I can go again next year... yes, shui Cao Dian is very nice with alot of exotic plants. I nearly bought some Japan Macrandra and some exotic plant I forgot the name already...

Thanks to sign for the photos!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    That so called pearl shrimp from Japan is a local species, found in country parks in HK and of course the mainland China too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow bro! Thanks for sharing.. Will definitely pay a visit there 1 day..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    So good.

If only here in Singapore we have something like this..... in Chinatown.
    Chin Swee rd blk 34 2sty most shops are vacant and we can have a full fledged aquarium industry here.....if people come they will build it up.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTree View Post
    That so called pearl shrimp from Japan is a local species, found in country parks in HK and of course the mainland China too.
    Not much info on this shrimp, maybe the shop owner also not sure so anyhow label it.
    Thank for clarify

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow. Serious? Didnt know of such species of shrimp actually from HK. Will definately take note of them on my next trip.
    Zack

Planted tank: Melanotaenia Lacustris, Melanotaenia Parkinsoni, Melanotaenia Praecox,
    Glossolepis Incisus, Melanotaenia Maccullochi, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Iriatherina Werneri, Barilius Canarensis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I heard on the news a few days ago that Singapore is going to have a street that's like HK goldfish and woman street soon?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenislev View Post
    Wow. Serious? Didnt know of such species of shrimp actually from HK. Will definately take note of them on my next trip.
    Hi Zack, this shrimp are not as available as blue/tiger/bee/amano/cherry shrimp, so far only spot them at the shop where I took the photos. Sorry I cannot remember the shop. Anyway, the common name is call 星点珍珠虾, you can google around to find some info, cheers.

Manage to dig out this old post: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=38909

Quote Originally Posted by o2bubble View Post
    I heard on the news a few days ago that Singapore is going to have a street that's like HK goldfish and woman street soon?
    Woman street are nothing much to look forward but Singapore Fish Street... lovely

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool picture bro....Thanks for sharing....I am goin over nxt mth cannot wait to go over right away!!!A great place for all aqua lover...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually the two shops belong to the same family, both of them have the same black signboard.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Same family? Sure bro? Like our C328 & Y618? haha...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Serious? Where you heard from? Will be really good if happening.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    this pic was taken in Jan 2004, i caught this shrimp in a country park in HK on last day of 2003. local stuff that's why so cheap
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This street is actually Serangoon North Ave 1, its in the midst of upgrading and the Govt/Town Council (if I'm not wrong) is spending $3 Million or $30 Million on the upgrading. Have to google to find more news on the Pet's Street.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    this pic was taken in Jan 2004, i caught this shrimp in a country park in HK on last day of 2003. local stuff that's why so cheap
    Very interesting, maybe i will hand carry some back on my next visit.
    Zack

Planted tank: Melanotaenia Lacustris, Melanotaenia Parkinsoni, Melanotaenia Praecox,
    Glossolepis Incisus, Melanotaenia Maccullochi, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Iriatherina Werneri, Barilius Canarensis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Netherlands
    I was also in HK from 4 till 17 oktober,mostly I went to the Golden fish market after 19.00

It is not possible too take some with handcarry.....they will scan your handcarry when you go through the final checkpoint of the airport....

the best way to put it in you suitecase....

I bought ( 17 oct ...21.00 HK local time) some shrimps and put it in a little box( "polystyrene")....in my suitecase......no problem

They survive the whole trip ( I got the plain nest morning 18 oct at 10.15 ) 12 hour flight..... totaly about 30 hours....

Next year I will go in the summer....and try it again....
    Last edited by chungck; 4th Nov 2008 at 07:46. Reason: not finished

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I was doing the same too, haha. They survive the whole trip but not after.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by chungck View Post
    I was also in HK from 4 till 17 oktober,mostly I went to the Golden fish market after 19.00

It is not possible too take some with handcarry.....they will scan your handcarry when you go through the final checkpoint of the airport....

the best way to put it in you suitecase....

I bought ( 17 oct ...21.00 HK local time) some shrimps and put it in a little box( "polystyrene")....in my suitecase......no problem

They survive the whole trip ( I got the plain nest morning 18 oct at 10.15 ) 12 hour flight..... totaly about 30 hours....

Next year I will go in the summer....and try it again....
    Yup, best is to keep it in a polystyrene box. That will "preserve" the temperature when the fishes are in the plane's cargo compartment. I will tend to wrap it with a layer of cotton towel before putting in to the box.
    Zack

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi all, i am currently in macao! going over to hk in a couple of days time, so was wondering, this goldfish street = to the fish street?its at kowloon side? hope to get some direction thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's called Tung Choi Street, walking distance from Mongkok/Prince Edward MTR stations i believe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast