Images
    Country
    Netherlands

ID: Some fishes

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Today I have bought the first fishes for my new setup.
    I was searching for Parambassis lala and Pangio pangia. Can anyone confirm that I have the right ones?

Sorry for the quality of the pics.

Parambassis lala male? ( In the shop they were labeled Chanda ranga)

Pangio pangia?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    So many views and no opinions? These are really nice and underrated fishes.

I think that you may be correct with regards to the glass fish. Parambassis lala can be differentiated from other species (e.g. P. ranga) by the presence of the three vertical bars and smaller size.

As for the loach, there are several species that look similar. Going by the colour and absence of nasal barbel from the not-so-clear pictures, my guess would be that they are either Pangio pangia or P. oblonga.

P. pangia and P. oblonga can be differentiated from P. filinaris and P. mariarum by the absence of the nasal barbel. Absence of nasal barbel, http://www.loaches.com/species-index/pangio-pangia vs. presence of nasal barbel, http://www.loaches.com/species-index/pangio-filinaris.

P. pangia is differentiated from P. oblonga by a deeper body. I am having some trouble judging this as the fish in the first picture seems rather longish, so that would lean towards P. oblonga. However, the fishes in the bag (second picture) seems deep enough to suggest they are P. pangia.

In any case, it shouldn't pose an issue as they aren't too different with regards to their requirements and care.