Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Seafood anyone??..kekeke

Miscellaneuous Fish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah bro! You breeding king ar?? Lol...Impressive...Is that orange thing from the 1st pic eggs?? Ive never seen how they hatched...Can update bro?? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok..the eggs start out as orange colour for the crayfish. Think about 2 weeks, you will see black coloured dots indicating the baby crayfish eyes. Think you can see some in the 2nd pic. Then the eggs will develop little legs as well...about another week, the eggs will "hatch" out and then you will get baby crayfish as in third pic. They dont really hatch out because the whole orange egg will just change colour to the baby crayfish colour. That will be their body shell. They will still cling onto their mommy. If you look closely in the last pic, there is one baby crayfish on the back of its mommy.
    Last edited by Quixotic; 29th Oct 2008 at 00:49. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow impressive! Angelfishes, bettas, freshwater lobsters and jewel cichlids!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wwoww... fishking... what else do you breed? The orange crayfish eggs look amazing. What do you feed crayfish?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I bred Discus before, pearl gouramis, dwarf gouramis, Firemouth Cichlids, Tilapia etc...but you know la..last time camera all film one...hahaha...no digital..so I must scan the pics into the computer first before I can post here...hahaha..

I also did not know that crayfish eggs are orange in colour...I always tot they are greenish in colour like those freshwater feeder prawns that buy from LFS. I feed the crayfish worms, small feeder fish or even dried food.

For your info, maybe you like to try this..cant remember I got take pictures or not. When I kept one crayfish in a plastic tank in low water level just double the height of the crayfish, I actually fed it fish flakes. So the food will float on the surface. Guess what??..The crayfish went to lie on its back and started to eat the flakes floating on the water surface using its small feeder legs. This carried on everytime I fed it with flakes...have anyone of you encountered this??
    Last edited by Quixotic; 29th Oct 2008 at 17:39. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha... that's very interesting... crayfish lying on its back to feed! I would love to see that! It is so clever. Otherwise I guess he/she may starve .

The crayfish orange eggs look yummy... hehe...

[you can also be called breedking already, like emazroy says... ]

Love your interesting pictures, you can open an aquarium already

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    , that's a good one. Wonder your nick ,fishking, got any relation with kingfisher..... BTW, you are great!!!! Have you try breeding pleco?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot View Post
    Hahaha... that's very interesting... crayfish lying on its back to feed! I would love to see that! It is so clever. Otherwise I guess he/she may starve .

The crayfish orange eggs look yummy... hehe...

[you can also be called breedking already, like emazroy says... ]

Love your interesting pictures, you can open an aquarium already
    orrhh...you want to eat the eggs ??...haha high in cholestrol Wanted to open an aquarium, my aunt and my ex lecturer wanted to pump in money, but then better not..stick to normal 9 to 5 job...

Quote Originally Posted by khtee View Post
    , that's a good one. Wonder your nick ,fishking, got any relation with kingfisher..... BTW, you are great!!!! Have you try breeding pleco?
    No no...not related at all...Pleco never did try....tried once on bronze corys but the eggs did not hatch out although they bred in the community tank.
    Last edited by Quixotic; 29th Oct 2008 at 17:40. Reason: Merge posts

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe you can be a fish consultant. Think there isn't any of this type of career in Singapore yet... pardon me if there is
    Last edited by Quixotic; 29th Oct 2008 at 17:40. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fishking View Post
    orrhh...you want to eat the eggs ??...haha high in cholestrol Wanted to open an aquarium, my aunt and my ex lecturer wanted to pump in money, but then better not..stick to normal 9 to 5 job...
    Hehe... will not touch your bright eggs . The baby crayfish is cute! You still have them? must have loads..... right?

If you have the $$, can open aquarium as hobby... big scale .

I have a friend who feeds anchovy to lobsters, do you know is that ok?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Hi

Hi Bro,

Amazing! You are like able to master the secret to breed them, all able to reproduce even in captivation.

William
    Last edited by Quixotic; 29th Oct 2008 at 17:39. Reason: Remove solicitation

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hehe... will not touch your bright eggs . The baby crayfish is cute! You still have them? must have loads..... right?

If you have the $$, can open aquarium as hobby... big scale .

I have a friend who feeds anchovy to lobsters, do you know is that ok?
    Oh..I had the crayfish was 2 yrs ago.. Before I got to join this forum, I would breed fishes and sell it to LFS. Or sometimes once I am successful with a certain species, I will change it with the LFS and go on another species.

Crayfish are scavengers. They eat anything that they can grab on. I did not buy crayfish in the past. I usually catch them from the fish pond when my dad & I go prawn fishing.

Eh..mods can teach how to merge posts? Feel bad that you guys are doing all the work...

Quote Originally Posted by lohwl2000 View Post
    Hi Bro,

Amazing! You are like able to master the secret to breed them, all able to reproduce even in captivation.

William
    All started from reading books. I got 1 whole cupboard of fish books and that is where I get my knowledge from. But first of all you must have both females and males, and that is where you choose the sexes of the fishes that you buy from LFS.
    Last edited by Quixotic; 29th Oct 2008 at 23:46. Reason: Merge posts

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by fishking View Post
    Eh..mods can teach how to merge posts? Feel bad that you guys are doing all the work...
    Don't worry about it. You can't merge posts but here's how you can quote multiple posts:

1. Click the "+" icon (bottom right corner) for the posts you wanted to quote (the icon will be highlighted)
    2. After selecting them, click post reply and there you have it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Roger..noted
    Last edited by Quixotic; 30th Oct 2008 at 15:06. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh... too bad... thought can get a cute little baby crayfish from you...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh... too bad... thought can get a cute little baby crayfish from you...
    Will be glad to give away...but I really dont have.....

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow! Really have to SALUTE you bro... All these breeding from just reading books... Guess I have to give up this hobby soon...

Cheers!!