Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help my Calico

Feedback Score

Help my Calico

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Bought my first pair of Calico Ranchu 5 days ago and till now refuse to eat anything. Looks quite active and observe they pass out long white feaces. Have tried treating them with BFuran but still not eating. I'm worried. Need to seek experts advise who had encountered this problem. Thanks alot.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    damien, they might be suffering from some intestinal parasites. there's several medications available on the market for such infestations. i think Sera has a product called Bakto Tabs. i'm not sure if they'll work for the ranchu though.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    damien, looking at the situation, I think the problem can have two causes: did you bought them from a fish farm? If so, your calico might be on anasthetic medication which make the fishes goggy and lost apetite. By doing 20% water changes daily will revert their apetite in two days. Else, they are suffering from parasites which make their faeces white -carry out the bifuran medication and it will be cured in one week.

To entice the gold fishes to eat, try blood worms (live is better than frozen) or tubifex (wash properly). What food did you offer them? If they nibble on dry food, chances are they are not used to it but will succumb to hunger sooner or later. Hope this helps
    Have I done my water change?

Feedback Score
    You are right urbanjungleman. I bought them from fish farm.
    Have treated them with Bfuran and looks like they are better in a way that they do nibble on pellet food but then they spit it out. Will tempt them with live food though I'm quite reluctant to do it cos afraid of introducing diseases to them if not handle properly.
    Thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    from goldfish rearing experience,

just throw them pellets, they will eat one.
    need some time to get accustom to though.
    but see wat brand u feed, some brand goldfish do find them more tasty??? cos i tried 2 brands, the taiwan/china one they seen reluntant to eat but using those by tetra they eat fast!

hope this helps