Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: $4 Priming kit

Feedback Score

$4 Priming kit

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I know a lot of you out there have the non priming version of Ehiem filters. I too use them until recently I bought some Pro II. Anyway, I saw how useful the priming the Pro II is and decided to develop a cheap and good method to prime my 2213.

1. Get a $4 gravel cleaner or so call water changing pump. The one with blue pump.

2. Cut the hose COMING into the blue pump. leaving around 10 cm connected to it. (now call the " Shortened pump&quot

3. Besure the inflow opening of the hose will fit into your outlet U tube or 2222/2224 outflow tube.

4. Fill your canister and inflow tube connected to your canister with water.

5. Fit the shortened pump's inlet to the outlet of the the canister's outflow tube. (DO not switch on your filter)

6. Squeeze the blue pump to start the priming. You will see water flowing out. Do it for 2 times or more if required to fill the filter with water. (if you use valves for 2213 or 2215 turn it on)

7. Disconnect the shortened pump and on the filter. Wa la you have the cheapest and non mouth sucking priming.

[]

Feel free to comment as I may not be clear enough on this.

thumbs up!! good post mark!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Great thinking.... I'm sure this would be useful to others.

I have one concern though, the $4 pump has rather thin walls which I think is a bit weak. Any thoughts?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Hi Sherchoo,

The pump is OK. I have just tried on my friends' new filter and tried on mine for many times. It is ok. You have to choose the better built S$4 pumps. Some are not so good as these designs are not good.

[]