Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Thinking of setting up a 1ft tank in the office...

Thinking of setting up a 1ft tank in the office...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks, I am seriously considering setting up a small tank in the office to liven up the place a little. Considering the fact that water changes will be less convenient and that temperature will be on the low end, what would be suitable plants for this little tank? I am planning on a xmas moss wall for one... Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Glosso! I had a "jar"(around 3L) growing glosso in the office with temp around 24 with co2 injection at 1 bubble per 5 sec round the clock. Fish wise, guppy. Think they are the only fish that can survive in such harsh condition[] .

Hmmm... Interesting. Never crossed my mind to use glosso. Just came back from NA and kinda inspired by their moss tank. By the way, do you use a full fledged CO2 system (canister and regulator) or something else? I am not so sure if security would turn a blind eye on someone bringing in a gas canister! []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, best will be fish like cardinal tetra and guppies as I have kept them in my 1ft tank at 22deg C and water change at 1/mth.

Try growing glosso or Xmoss. I have Xmoss and they grow well with cold water!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi,
    if u are planning to grow moss, it's a waste not to keep shrimps IMO !![]

the low temp is great for them.
    the easier one will be cherry red, they don't hide as much as breed quite easily.
    then there's tiger and bumblebee shrimp.

if u want fish, there are a few types of small-sized rasboras that are commonly found in many lfs.

i have the 3 mentioned types of shrimps and exclamation point rasboras in my 1ft []

Thanks for all the useful feedback! I am now all fired up about getting it going. Now to find some space in the office... I really like the idea of putting in moss, glosso and shrimps! []