Country
    Singapore

Sufficient fertilisers??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    I am currently using Gex substrate in my newly setup 2 ft tank, only growing hairgrass and java moss. My lighting is 3 tubes 55 W PL light. (if i can remember)

Planning to use weekly dosage of Nutrafin "all in one" fertiliser and occasional Seachem Iron. is it sufficient for my plants to grow healthy?

I am also using the electrical carbon cartridge for my Co2. Is my setup sufficient to grow tiger lotus?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    with you light, I suggest you go for estimate index, it is daily fert dossing. Also better to invest on pressurize CO2
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am currently using Gex substrate in my newly setup 2 ft tank, only growing hairgrass and java moss. My lighting is 3 tubes 55 W PL light. (if i can remember)
    Do you mean your total lighting is 55w or 3x55w? If that is the formal case then should be ok .. if that is the later case, you may want down the lighting else you will be growing algae.

Planning to use weekly dosage of Nutrafin "all in one" fertiliser and occasional Seachem Iron. is it sufficient for my plants to grow healthy?
    Different people have different dosing scheme, you can try yours for one or 2 weeks and observe the plants(are they melting or give new shots). The rule of tumb is provide sufficient macro (NO3,K & PO4).

I am also using the electrical carbon cartridge for my Co2. Is my setup sufficient to grow tiger lotus?
    never grow tiger lotus before, but i think seachem excel is more cheaper and consistent carbon source.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by yakie_19 View Post
    Hi,
    Shouldn't be a problem. Pressurised Carbon is good.
    Tiger lotus needs strong lighting (about 3wpg but you must try to provide shade for your Java moss or else algae will grow on the Java moss) and sufficient iron fertiliser to grow beautifully. Also make sure your water is at PH 6.8 and below.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tiger lotus will definitely grow when provided with strong lighting and pressurized CO2 and a weekly dose of ferts.Don't be surprised to find it growing close to 1 feet long within two days.Mine did.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    withitn 2 days ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah,I was surprised too.Only one shoot though,the rest are still of normal height.From a little shoot it grew all the way until the surface and stopped there.My guess is that it was competing for light.
    If you look carefully you can see one very long shoot from the red tiger lotus although the top part is hidden by the cabomba.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...4112008713.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tiger lotus are very fast growers. With strong lights and good fertilization, they show very strong colours and big leaves. You should also use root fertilizers for better growth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Yakie, you only have highgrass and moss. With that kind of setup, probably won't need either high light or ferts, unless you have japanese hairgrass ....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

my tiger lotus is doing fantastic.. it is growing new leaves at a fast pace. and the color is deep red. so i hope that this will continue.

as for my moss, i have changed it to weeping moss recently. but doesn't seemed to be growing much after 1 week. does it take a longer time to grow weeping moss? and must i add any additional fertilisers in? currently only adding "add in one" nutrifin fertilisers and weekly dosage of florish iron.