Advertise here
    Tasek Bera variant.

My blog: Aquadoc

Yoong

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Yoong,

I see that you are able to get many of your Cryptocorynes to flower for you under cultivated environment. Could you share with us the type of substrates that you rely on and possible some close up photographs for those non-aquatic products as a reference so that I could scout around in Singapore to find similar products to use too! For example, shots on the commercial packaging + close up shots of baked clay, laterite, peat, etc that you use.

And also, what is the lighting regime you follow and any shots on your emersed cultivation tank to share? Thanks!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Illumbomb,
    I used the following combinations for the substrate in this plant.

30% baked clay
    30% garden soil
    30% peat
    10% ADA power sand

Baked clay are from nursery. Some call it "Red Soil". Garden soil are the normal "Blacksoil". Peats is source from Carfour(Uncle Sam brand). and ADA Powersand is self explainary. I will try to take picture when I have time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Yoong, do you just leave your pot of crypto in the open, or do you keep them in a moist environment or some enclosure?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Carlfsk,
    I keep this pot in enclosed tank. the humidity is close to 100%. I have another one the is left in open. it survive but doesn't do as well.

Yoong

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh, 100% humidity. That is to say the enclosure is almost fully sealed up? How often do you actually open up he cover for some exchange of air as well as to mist them?

The last round I am keepig crypt wasn't quite a success as I have pretty much crap ideas. I even though of adding a fan, set to run at some intervals, place at the top of the cover. It's meant to create some exchange of air without having me to open the tank cover daily. You think this is necessary?

Or will just by closing / covering the enclosure, and only opening it up occassionally suffice?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Yup, it is almost sealed entirely. Don't think it matter much how often you open the cover. I have tanks that I open and see everyday as it is half transparent container. and I have tank that I don't open for weeks. They do equally well.

Yoong

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Yoong, after looking at your plants, it really make me want to keep some again.

BTW, are you using artificial light, as in FL or PL, or are you placing your plants under sunlight?

I suppose sunlight will be best. But then, for me, I can only use FL light indoor.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    I am using T5 light for indoor setup. If you are using sunlight. make sure you keep the plant under shade. The enclosed setup temperature will be sky high if you put it under the sun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Yoong, thanks for the advice. I will be using 2 * FL tube. Total 40 watt.

I am going to start off with Crypt Keei. Now in the process of getting the necessary equipments.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Crypt. purpurea northovar purpurea

wow, this one look very gracious....swee!
    Joe
    http://apistogramma.weebly.com/scope-apisto-blog.html
    Keeping Apisto Diplotaenia, Elizabethae, Mendenzi, Miua, Peixoto, Bitaeniata, Rotkeil, Wilhelmi red, Agassizi Tefe Cacadora, Paucisquamis, N. Adoketa
    Apisto on sale (updated 7th Mar 13):
    http://apistogramma.weebly.com/apisto-trading-cart.html