Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: altums and CO2 diffusion

Feedback Score

altums and CO2 diffusion

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i just added a few echinodorus in my altum tank. how do i know if i already need to use CO2 diffusion for the plants? how will this affect the water chemistry (ph, etc.)? will CO2 also have an effect on the altums?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe you are those who add a few plants to a tank with fish just to beautify it? Well, if that is the case...I assume you have not added base fertilizer which is quite essential for echinodorus as they are heavy root feeders. What you need to do is to try to get those root monsters stuff or laterite balls in lfs and push it deep in the substrate near the plant so that no fert would seep into your water column and cause algae boom...CO2 is neccessary and you need to know the relationship between pH/KH before attempting to use it as over injecting it could cause possible death to your fishes......read the following website to find out more...http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    all u need to do is observe your plants, they are telltale sign when the plants need (eg. fertilization, co2, lights, trace elements)

altums comes from South amercia(orinocco, peru), therefore, they require acidic/softwater... adding Co2 wouldnt hurt them unless u over inject that leads to CO2 poisoning