Country
    Singapore

Optimum CO2 absorption in tank?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi there,

How do we ensure good CO2 absorption into the water? Currently i always see my CO2 rising to the surface and small bubbles forming on the water surface. Does that mean that the CO2 released is not really well mixed into the water? Any way to combat that?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Using CO2 diffuser, you will definitely see the bubbles travelling up. If your tank just 1 ft height, your bubble will travel all the way up and not disappearing in-between. The CO2 is still mixing with the water. Good diffuser will produce very very small bubbles.

There those CO2 drop checker to indicate the level of CO2 in the water. Price ranges from $14 to $70+.

Diffuser is normally enough. If you are going for high light, high nutrient, and larger tank, then CO2 reactor(got internal and external types) will be a better choice. Most display tanks for LFS use CO2 internal reactor.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are you using a CO2 reactor or diffuser?

There will always be CO2 loss no matter what methods. The key is to retain CO2 as long as possible in your water before it escapes.
    Mizu World - Understanding your Aquatic Needs
    Web: http://www.mizuworld.com Email: [email protected] Contact: +6597857957 (Ben)

Distributor of

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My tank height is 24 inch. Well, I'm just using a normal diffuser so am wondering if any good device would help to retain CO2 in the water..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    1) you can add power head on top of the diffuser
    2) you can put the diffuser infront of the filter outlet
    3) you can put the diffuser under the filter inlet (may cause air lock)

if your tank big (for 24 inches tall, I will guess at least 3ft tank), use reactor instead

So far in my opinion drop checker is the best way to measure CO2 level in the tank.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You can put your diffuser under your outlet hose of your filter, that way it can help to circulate around the tank, without good circulation your CO2 will just go upwards only.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think using a internal reactor will be much effective, at least for me it works better

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the posts! i think will just try putting under the outlet hose first while i shop ard for a good internal reactor. any good recommendations?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by newtank View Post
    I think using a internal reactor will be much effective, at least for me it works better
    I used to use diffuser with rainbar and after I change to Internal reactor, then I really think that an internal reactor is better. My plants are pearling and growing better now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dialow View Post
    thanks for the posts! i think will just try putting under the outlet hose first while i shop ard for a good internal reactor. any good recommendations?
    hihi bro daolow
    i got a used reactor ( was kept in my store cause i change to a bigger one ) can be use as internal or external, if you don't mind an used item in your tank i'm most willing to pass it to you without any cost, btw i'm using an external reactor together with a rainbar, if you care to come and collect it at my place maybe i can give you some advise.
    sms me if you are interested >>> 98139183
    Regards
    Robin Tan