Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Filter you prefer most?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

160 41.67%
  • Ecco

49 12.76%
  • Pro

35 9.11%
  • Pro2

79 20.57%
  • Pro3

61 15.89%
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by RenesisTurbo View Post
    Attachment 53616

Attachment 53617

I think the hoses and canister container are all black.Comes with Installation Parts 1 and 2.

5 years warranty instead of 3 years.Other than that,everything is the same.
    Hi May i know where can i find this? Thanks

Spend a few days to finish reading the whole thread and head down to sea view but only see the normal version.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Renesis Turbo , there is a fake plastic lily pipe head attachment sold in the lfs , green in colour . Using that , it will diffuse and slow down the water movement . My previous 3ft tank was using that , so much so that plants were covered with dust on the opposite end due not much water movement . I was using Eheim 2028/2026 back then .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi UA, may I know how do you recharge the Purigen? Which kind of bleach do you use for that? I will reduce the top tray next time to put in purigen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am curious which bleach to use. I got the colour bleach.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Vainkid View Post

Spend a few days to finish reading the whole thread and head down to sea view but only see the normal version.
    I think those are limited stocks. No more selling.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You are lookin for the Installation Parts 1 and 2?Saw it just last night at Clementi Florist and Aquarium Shop.You might want to go quickly cos last few pieces left.

BTW,heard rumours of a bigger Ecco Pro coming out in a new version in 2017.Don't know whether it's true or not.

Too bad Mr Eheim has already uplorried.....I saw him on YouTube in a interview with a very old model of Classic canister filter from the 1960s.Very retro.
    Last edited by RenesisTurbo; 23rd Jul 2016 at 13:18.
    -50 assorted normal Platies, 12 assorted Corydoras, 30 Ember Tetras and 14 Kuhli Loaches in a 90 x 45 x 50 tank.(Eheim Ecco Pro 300)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi UA, may I know how do you recharge the Purigen? Which kind of bleach do you use for that? I will reduce the top tray next time to put in purigen again.
    I just use the regular clorox bleach (non-scented version) and follow the purigen recharging instructions.

Note that each time you recharge it the efficiency gradually decreases, so after a few recharges its best to replace it with a new pack. I usually recharge mine for around 3-4 times (depending on how fast it exhaust its capacity) before doing a new replacement.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 23rd Jul 2016 at 15:18.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You are lookin for the Installation Parts 1 and 2?Saw it just last night at Clementi Florist and Aquarium Shop.You might want to go quickly cos last few pieces left.

BTW,heard rumours of a bigger Ecco Pro coming out in a new version in 2017.Don't know whether it's true or not.

Too bad Mr Eheim has already uplorried.....I saw him on YouTube in a interview with a very old model of Classic canister filter from the 1960s.Very retro.
    Oh thank u bro. I wont be getting immediately because my bto reno should end next week therefore plenty of dust particles flying here and there. Maybe i will just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ACG View Post
    I think those are limited stocks. No more selling.
    Thank you bro for the info.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh thank u bro. I wont be getting immediately because my bto reno should end next week therefore plenty of dust particles flying here and there. Maybe i will just wait.

Thank you bro for the info.
    One last thing.....Y618 sells Pro 3 cheaper than Seaview or C328 if you are getting one.Price is around $380.
    -50 assorted normal Platies, 12 assorted Corydoras, 30 Ember Tetras and 14 Kuhli Loaches in a 90 x 45 x 50 tank.(Eheim Ecco Pro 300)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hey guys, is it normal if my ehem 2213 rattle abit when I start it up. e.g I on power, the 2213 will rattle and very quickly go silent.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Did you fill the canister with water? If you just cleaned the filter and left it without water, the impeller will rattle briefly before the water enters it from the inlet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Did you fill the canister with water? If you just cleaned the filter and left it without water, the impeller will rattle briefly before the water enters it from the inlet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikboy View Post
    It rattle briefly even if it's filled with water. E.g I switch off 2213 for wc, switch it back on after that it will rattle briefly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    I just use the regular clorox bleach (non-scented version) and follow the purigen recharging instructions.

Note that each time you recharge it the efficiency gradually decreases, so after a few recharges its best to replace it with a new pack. I usually recharge mine for around 3-4 times (depending on how fast it exhaust its capacity) before doing a new replacement.
    Thanks UA. I will try it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by corepad View Post
    It rattle briefly even if it's filled with water. E.g I switch off 2213 for wc, switch it back on after that it will rattle briefly.
    Thats normal, its just the initial kick effect by the impeller as it bounces off the internal sleeve when started. Once it spins and becomes stable, there will be no more sound.

As long as you only hear the click sound a split second at the start and after that its silent, its okay.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Thats normal, its just the initial kick effect by the impeller as it bounces off the internal sleeve when started. Once it spins and becomes stable, there will be no more sound.

As long as you only hear the click sound a split second at the start and after that its silent, its okay.
    Ya that's how my 2213 behaved. Cause I am intending to change to a 2217, wanna make sure this ratting noise when start up is normal as I do not wanna sell a faulty equipment and listing it as working fine.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

One last thing.....Y618 sells Pro 3 cheaper than Seaview or C328 if you are getting one.Price is around $380.
    Hi bro thanks for sharing i saw the pro3 600 @ seaview at $400.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, i've two noob question.

1. Is it possible to fit one largest eheim (lets say the big gun 1200XLT) to work on two tank 3×1.5×1.5 simultaneously?

2. Saw some bigger series with temperature control of 18 degree to 30 degree. Does that work as a chiller function lets say if i set it at 25 degree and it will maintained at the set temperature?

Just curious whether the spend that kind of money instead of a canister filter + chiller. Thank in advance

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, i've two noob question.

1. Is it possible to fit one largest eheim (lets say the big gun 1200XLT) to work on two tank 3×1.5×1.5 simultaneously?

2. Saw some bigger series with temperature control of 18 degree to 30 degree. Does that work as a chiller function lets say if i set it at 25 degree and it will maintained at the set temperature?

Just curious whether the spend that kind of money instead of a canister filter + chiller. Thank in advance
    1. Both tank need an overflow system that will feed into a sump . From the sump , the filter output will be split into 2 display tank .

2. I think the model you saw was a heater built in , not a chiller .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

There is another interesting method to share one canister filter with 2 tanks, but that requires a water bridge setup... both tanks are positioned side-by-side on same level, water bridge link both tanks, canister filter output in the 1st tank and intake in the 2nd tank. The water bridge would need to be large enough to keep the volumes in balance though, especially with large tank volumes and high flow canister filters.

Here is an example: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...4-Water-Bridge

Water bridge info: http://www.bio-elite.co.za/waterbridge.htm

A diagram from google images:

Source: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums...-tanks.231687/

The potential issues with such setups is if the water bridge somehow fails or clog up, then water volume will become unbalance and one tank will fill up until it floods. Due to the arrangement, one tank will also have lots of flow while the other tank not much flow (though that can be solved with wave-makers or powerheads).
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 26th Jul 2016 at 15:42.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If you are looking at the XLT eheim canister filters, those come with integrated heater feature (not chiller). The temperature adjustment is only for warming up the water to 18-34°C... it does not perform cooling effects.
    www.urbanaquaria.com