Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Filter you prefer most?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

160 41.67%
  • Ecco

49 12.76%
  • Pro

35 9.11%
  • Pro2

79 20.57%
  • Pro3

61 15.89%
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    what is eheim putlet pipe look a like for ecco?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone used a pro3 2080 before for a 4ft tank? How does this compare to 2 x 2028 in terms of actual flow and filtration. I mean do you think there is better or less water current in the tank to circulate properly to reduce dead spots?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by newtank View Post
    Even the lily pipe and eheim's putlet pipe for Ecco series share the same idea.
    What is this eheim putlet pipe? I've never heard it before!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    have a classic 2215. but feel like changing it to the ecco series. more environmental friendly? any expert bros out there got any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by xiandan View Post
    have a classic 2215. but feel like changing it to the ecco series. more environmental friendly? any expert bros out there got any suggestions?
    Hi bro, me no expert... but I think it depends on the size of your tank. I have been using Eheim Pro series for years and felt that they are the best. I have actually wanted to change the filter and spend some time reading reviews around the different forums and conclude that Pro are still the best bet in terms of flow rate, easy of maintance and taking out and etc. If my tank was bigger then 2ft I would go for a pro3e.
    VIPER

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Old 2017and still running.

This classic eheim works well over the long haul. Just dont abuse and keep away from sunlight. Sometimes needs spare part.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear all,

I am a ehiem fanatics and currently running a 2250, 2260, 2080, 2 x 2028s and a 2015 for my tanks. I have concluded that the 2260 and the 2250 is my all time favourite given their large capacity for media. My least favourite will be the pro3 as there is insfficient mechanical filtration.

Cheers!
    Ken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lzardking View Post
    Dear all,

I am a ehiem fanatics and currently running a 2250, 2260, 2080, 2 x 2028s and a 2015 for my tanks. I have concluded that the 2260 and the 2250 is my all time favourite given their large capacity for media. My least favourite will be the pro3 as there is insfficient mechanical filtration.

Cheers!
    Ken
    Welcome to the club. I got 2260 and replaced with 1262 pump, now I think it should be called 2262.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
    What is this eheim putlet pipe? I've never heard it before!
    it does not look like a lily pipe, but the idea of positioning the out let at the surface of the water is similar to that of a lily pipe. Having said that, I actually saw a plastic lily pipe look-a like in NA, but did not ask if it was from Eheim.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    i saw that also at na. Its black in color together come black pipe. Not eheim one. But eheim does has one, check their web site

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    Welcome to the club. I got 2260 and replaced with 1262 pump, now I think it should be called 2262.
    My 2250 and 2260 have been with me for ages and the 1050 and the 1060 pumps are still doing really fine! I m really impressed by the durability of the product! Furthermore, my 2015 is still going strong! Anyone still using the 201X series here?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Leaking Pro 2 Eheim 2026

have a leaking Pro 2 Eheim 2026 will change the Big O Ring tommorrow night

The Priming Feature is completely usless
    press Slowy but the priming mechanism is so weak ,
    can't even suck the water up. End up i have to use
    a power head to prime the thing.
    Last edited by bossteck; 11th Feb 2009 at 12:11. Reason: Spelling, edited irrelevant portion

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Leaking Pro 2 Eheim 2026

Quote Originally Posted by inque View Post

Actually you do not need to us a pump to prime your filter. Just need to fill the in/out socket to the brime can liao. I have never needed to do any priming at all in the first place just used it once for testing purpose.

I think you need to spend some time understanding how your filter works and the air trap/ escape thingy...

Problems like yours is not a filter issue, is just you who do not know how to use the filter that's all.

Btw another piece of advise is to use petroleum jel on it so the wear and tear process is slow down and your filter last longer.
    VIPER

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

for me , mine own 2026 use for 7yrs till now never apply gel before. And its never leak .....

Just not to confuse you all i have 2 Eheim 2026. One bought in 2002 and the other leakin one is a gift from a friend reccently.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

for me , mine own 2026 use for 7yrs till now never apply gel before. And its never leak .....

Just not to confuse you all i have 2 Eheim 2026. One bought in 2002 and the other leakin one is a gift from a friend reccently.
    All new ehiem filters' O-rings are coated with lubricant thats probably why your filter until now got no problem. The lubricant moisturizes the rubber
    o-rings preventing it from prematurely "drying out" and causing the rubber to have fine cracks.

For my new 2228 the o-ring lasted about 8yrs before i had to change it. After i bought a new one, i put some ehiem lubricant on it but unfortunately it didn't last as long as before liao. Maybe the quality is not as good as before. There's a tread quite some time back discussing abt ehiem's quality issues.
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i don't agree. i am running a 2026 and i find the priming feature very useful for first installation or if you accidentally release all the water in the in-flow pipe hose.

the idea is that u must press all the way down and let it slowly suck the water. if the water doesn't reach cos you have a long hose, just press again and it'll do its work.

i still remember the first time i installed my 2213... spent hours struggling with priming cos i didn't have a powerhead handy.

its a fantastic filter: quiet, efficient, powerful but my initial WC / filter cleaning experience could only be described as

finally invested in 2 way taps to make sure that the water doesn't drain away during WC. much easier after getting the hang of it.

the 2026 has built in removable taps that assures that the in-flow hose never drains out during cleaning... good "fail safe" design.

the self-priming feature is not perfect, but its really good for first start and "good to have" scenarios. i greatly appreciate the Pro 2's self priming feature ...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    the self-priming feature is not perfect, but its really good for first start and "good to have" scenarios. i greatly appreciate the Pro 2's self priming feature ...
    i got a used 2026, and have no problem with priming...and it is totally silent when in use...

however, when i pressed the priming device down, there is a loud "knocking" sound (like the "propeller" hitting against something) - the knocking sound disappears when the device go back up...

is it normal?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by gentle View Post
    i got a used 2026, and have no problem with priming...and it is totally silent when in use...

however, when i pressed the priming device down, there is a loud "knocking" sound (like the "propeller" hitting against something) - the knocking sound disappears when the device go back up...

is it normal?
    yup. its normal.

the 2026 self priming feature is essentially a very stiff spring-powered pump - simple but effective.

u press down, the spring depresses. the "knocking sound" is the spring slowly restoring itself to its original shape

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I like the Ecco the most due to its low power consumption...

Lower power consumption = less heat generated to heat up tank water.

The 5W consumption is absolutely unbeatable!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

yes i like ecco too. But Ecco is definately insufficent power to run a 4ft tank or bigger.
    I have the primming ''knocking'' sound whenever i prime my filter. Thus i think it is normal. But i think that Eheim filters primming wise, its very hard to prime. i sometimes got to even try and use my whole body weight trying to prime it.
    Keeping.
    Apistogramma Peixoto, Agassizi 'Rio Tefe Cacadola', Agassizi 'Tefe Bauna', Bitaenita 'Rio Copea', Diplotaenia 'Barcelos', Mendenzi 'Sao Gabriel', Gibbiceps 'OrangeFace' Opal, Hippolytae, Pauciquamis 'Negro' Uauspei Blukteil, uauspei Rokteil, Elizbethae 'Sao Gabriel', Sunrise, Trifiscata 'Rio Pinmental'

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast