Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Filter you prefer most?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

160 41.67%
  • Ecco

49 12.76%
  • Pro

35 9.11%
  • Pro2

79 20.57%
  • Pro3

61 15.89%
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim Canister Filter Comparison

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Use the Eheim Installation Set 1 if you have priming problem for any canister filter. I install it for all canister filter that I own. Say goodbye to the priming problem for good.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ehlim View Post
    I am using the 2028 for my 4ft for the last 2 years. Most happy with performance except it costed more than $20 to replace the broken ceramic-like spindle. Bought the set for $280 but it seems it cost nearly $400 now at LFS.
    The same thing happened to me. That's called the impeller shaft. It cost me 21 bucks to replace. Mine snapped into 2, don't ask me why.
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wynx View Post
    The same thing happened to me. That's called the impeller shaft. It cost me 21 bucks to replace. Mine snapped into 2, don't ask me why.
    its actually quite impressive if u think about it... 2 years, impeller shaft broke, but pump motor still working fine and filter continues to work after replacing impeller shaft...

thats more than can be said for many other brands of filters

not just canisters, but HOF and OHF, most times, the pump just dies even though everything is seemingly still intact.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I preferred classic because it is simple. My rule of thumb is the simple it is the more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    I preferred classic also, this model has being going on for reallllllly long, no other model can beat this yet. The only thing people found problem on is lacking priming but there's quick way to do it, and why the design still lack of priming after so many years is because the lesser thing it has the lesser problem it going to face and lesser $ you going to pay and maintenace.
    Yes, agreed totally.
    Yes, Classic can.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim 2028 cost how much ??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I just bought a Classic 2213, so far have owned Pro 2227, 2026, 2028 and Classic 2215 and I must say I am going back to the Classic model some how I feel that the Classic mnodels are very robust even thou it does not have all the nice features e.g. auto priming, for the newer model. My next unit will most probably be a Classic 2217.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    its actually quite impressive if u think about it... 2 years, impeller shaft broke, but pump motor still working fine and filter continues to work after replacing impeller shaft...

thats more than can be said for many other brands of filters

not just canisters, but HOF and OHF, most times, the pump just dies even though everything is seemingly still intact.
    Yes, agreed with it, Eheim pump motor really rocks. I have a Pro 2227 that was bought 11 years ago and it is still running although water output is not as strong as before because the impeller was not change at all, I am sure that if I will to replace it with a new impeller it will still able to keep pumping for the next 3-4 years.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Classic will continue to be popular. Eheim should update it with a more efficient motor to consume less electricity like the new Ecco pros.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Country
    Sark

i have 2260, 2026, 2028,2213,2217 all 2nd hand . and still work great . only thing is that i have to get cabinet tanks in future to "hide"them..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i am using eheim 2228. However i've noticed the information given in the Eheim asia webpage (1050L/h 20w) is different from the label (750L/h 25w) on my filter. Does anyone notice it?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

I think 2028 is 20W and 2228 is 25W.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by leclair30 View Post
    i have 2260, 2026, 2028,2213,2217 all 2nd hand . and still work great . only thing is that i have to get cabinet tanks in future to "hide"them..
    Hmm.. I am currently using 2 Eheim Professional 2028 for my current 4ft tank. I am generally please with its performance. But if you intend to have a cabinet tank, Do not try to place your canister right a the back cause you will have difficulty in primming the filter sometimes I tried to go all the way inside the prime it and sometimes its really tough to prime that i got to use my legs and press it down. But sadly, unable to change the deisng
    Eheim filters are generally more well-known in the aquatic industry thus the money wise its on the higher side. Alternative choices like Hydor and Fluval are also good competitiors of Eheim. So do your homework and choose the most wise filter for your tank.

Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.
    Apistogramma Peixoto, Agassizi 'Rio Tefe Cacadola', Agassizi 'Tefe Bauna', Bitaenita 'Rio Copea', Diplotaenia 'Barcelos', Mendenzi 'Sao Gabriel', Gibbiceps 'OrangeFace' Opal, Hippolytae, Pauciquamis 'Negro' Uauspei Blukteil, uauspei Rokteil, Elizbethae 'Sao Gabriel', Sunrise, Trifiscata 'Rio Pinmental'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i have been using the 2026 (might have been a 2028 - will recheck tonight!)for my 4ft tank with chiller and it never gave me any problem...since 1998! i do wash out the filter elements with tank water (to save bacteria) abt every 2-3 yrs when i got bored with tank structure and change it.. the 2026 is very convenient to unplug from water flow. JC

Feedback Score
    Country
    India

Been using 2 x 2080s for more than 2 yrs. Previously opened to check frequently for any development of sludge......now I have not opened it for more than a year. Flow is perfectly fine so dont want to disturb the bacteria colony.
    Shiv
    One can be a fool only ONCE by asking a question but FOREVER by not asking it.......
    Always a Newbie

Feedback Score
    Country
    Myanmar

Just bought eheim 2026 pro2 and paid $380 from KK tampines. Reach home and check email. Petmart offer me promotional price with $280.

Next time will try to buy dry goods from internet. Deliver home as well.

You guys think 2026 alone can handle 3ft planted tank? I think turn over rate too low?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Should be alright. Just think the media is mite insufficient.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

anyone has any comments on ecco pro models? was thinking of getting the 2032 model but i would like to hear from the rest of you guys out there . Anyone also knows whats the price region for that model?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have 2042, 2010 (My 1st eheim), 2006, 2252, 2228, 2017, 1262 (just got!)

I think I most impressed with:

1. 2042 (hang on) as part of the casing has chipped off at the water flow out area, however the motor is still running strong. Has been working for my 3 ft for 4 good yrs!
    2. 2252, best internal filter I ever had, easy to wash and maintance, strong motor.
    3. 2228 for 8 good years, it has working for my 5ft. I only change the O ring once at the 5th yrs and it never give me any pro.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

simply classic
    Give someone a , you will feed him a day. Teach him how to rear , he might just run away. 说了又不听, 听了又不懂, 不懂又不问, 问了又不做, 做了又做错, 错了又不认, 认了又不改, 改了又不服, 不服又不说

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast