2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

N. eggersi blue

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Attached is one of the male from my tank.

Mind you the fish is only 3 week old.
    I realise the eggersi blue fry grow extremely fast and within 2 weeks, they start to sex out and is about 1.5cm big. Do anyone here have experience on the eggersi blue here would like to share their experience.

Sorry for the poor quality photo as it was take by a very old camera. I'll try to capture better images and post them on my site.

Au SL

Feedback Score
    Wow beautiful, can i ask if you have any juv for sale? I have never kept killies, but I keep apistos, currently my trifasciata and Wilhelmi have 4 wk and 6 day old fry respectively. My water should be slightly acidic cos I use Aquasoil.... are you considering selling some? :wink:

Feedback Score
    I have kept eggersi Bagamoyo. It was the first Notho I had. I found they developed very fast too. Unfortunatly, I and the person I got this strain from (a very experienced killie keeper, 25yrs +) lost all our stock. They fry died before they coloured up. He puts it down to a badly inbred strain. I manged to do 2 generations of these fish before I lost them and I was very pleased with them, definatly worth finding some more stock for another try.
    Regards
    Tom

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm successfully collected my first batch of eggs (about 200 - 300) on 1 August. I realise when kept in wet peat, the development of the egg is rather fast. I can see a few eggs already show signs of development. I'll do my second collection of eggs tomorrow. If the eggs successfully hatch, I'll have enough to spread around. :P
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Au,
    Reserve some for me :wink: .
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Hi Au,

If you have enough to spread around, dont leave me out please...
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    I dried the peat as normal for my eggersi and I hatched them after 4 weeks incubation. Does anyone know if this species has the shortest incubation time of all Nothos?
    Regards
    Tom

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Au,Reserve some for me too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Me too

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi fellow hobbyist, My post here is merely for you people to know what I'm now embarking on so there won't be too many people working on the same species. I don't take any pre orders if I don't have enough to spread around. So when I'm ready to distribute this fish, I'll post it on the trading forum. So please keep a lookout there (Hope by doing this we can have more people visiting the site more frequently). :wink:

Anyway, good news for everyone. I'll just counted another hundred eggs making a total of 300. There are still some egg to be collected. In addition to that, I've collect another lot from my breeding tank this afternoon I start to count them in 3 days' time. The number of eggs at a glance looks promising.

Wait for the good news coming along the way..... :P
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    I notice their eggs fungus easily
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I realise they give more infertile eggs. Most likely the males are not working hard enough. But those fertile eggs don't fungus. They develop rather fast.
    Au SL