Thread: Remove bigger Fry

Feedback Score

Remove bigger Fry

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

While raising your fry especially in large group (20 fry and above), it is good if you can keep watch on the development of your fry. Remove bigger fry and put them in a separate tray. These bigger fry are usually male and more aggressive when it comes to food. If the development is much larger than the female, it could lead to them eating your small females. (But please make sure water in your new tray is aged for at least a few days before transferring you fish)

4 weeks back I had about 50+ N. Palmqvisti fry. The male grew pretty fast and most of the smaller fry disappear in the 2nd weeks. I made a count yesterday and found that there were only about 18 left. Only 2 turn out to be females. I suspected the males ate up the females. (I made this conclusion, as the male is really very aggressive towards the smaller fish)

But sadly when you have too many species people tend to neglect them. Your attention is diversified. My advise to beginners, stick to only 2 to 4 species if you can, unless you are serious about them. Even my Guru is cutting down on the number of tanks.

Regards,
    Siameng
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    thanks for the tip.