Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Rachovii fights

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Remember I mentioned of the incident where one of my male rachovii was not eating and I suspect that it was being harassed.

Yesterday, I put them together again after more than a 1 month of separation. Guess what happen? They fought! I found them with jaws locked together like fighting fish! They broke up once I put my net.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Killifish by nature is very territorial. Once separated, you can't put them back together again as they'll fight when they meet each other. I sugget it'll be better to separate them if you do not want to loose one of the fish.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually, the rachovii is well known to be one of the more peace-loving killifish. But killies once separated should not be put together again. This is because when a male is kept alone in a tank, he begins to believe that he owns the whole tank. So he will fight to the death with another male who intrudes into his territory.

Males kept together do not exhibit the same kind of behaviour. There may be some minor skirmishes among the males but they won't fight each other to the death if they were raised together in the same tank all along. I think the same is true with Bettas too.

Loh K L