Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: food for fries

Feedback Score

food for fries

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi! I am a newbie here. Just one question would like to ask the expert here. Can I replace baby brine shrimp with liquid fry for the new hatch fries?

Feedback Score
    Hi jkillis,

Liquid fry is not use to feed your fry, it is actually food for micro organisms which is then eaten by fry. If you don’t feed baby brine shrimp (bbs) the growth rate of your fish will be very slow.

By the way, what’s your name. Most of the members here use our real names. (be responsible for what we say and post)

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by gweesm1
    By the way, what’s your name. Most of the members here use our real names. (be responsible for what we say and post)
    Welcome to the forum, Jennifer.

Just in case you misunderstood his post, what Sia Meng was trying to say was that if subscribers use their real names, chances are they will be more responsible about the things they say. Not that there have been irresponsible posts in this forum so far but it would be good if everyone use their real names. I advocate the use of real names because I don't like addressing people by their userids. In any case, the killifish community around here is very small so the chances of the forum users eventually meeting each other are very high. I would really hate to address anyone by his userid when I meet him or her.

Liquid fry, as the name implies, is a liquid food. Fish cannot eat something that is liquid. Liquid fry encourages the growth of infusoria which in turn is food for fry. But infusoria alone won't be enough if you want to raise many killies. You have to feed them with baby brine shrimp, vinegar eels or microworms or the casualty rate would be very high.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Jennifer,

You finally make it here. Welcome and feel free tp post your questions here.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Hi, Jenny,
    Don't back out because of thinking it is to hard!!It is easy and really lots of fun. When I first started killies, I had read where some one had put their white worms in the refrigerator,I thought they were off their rocker .I won't tell you what is in my frig now in a little box...
    When you learn how to raise live food for killies it becomes interesting.
    Killie keeping is great!!!
    Regards,Deb

Feedback Score
    Hi Jennifer,

Sorry if I had caused any misunderstanding. When I read my post again, I find it rather misleading. So sorry.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gweesm1
    Hi Jennifer,

Sorry if I had caused any misunderstanding. When I read my post again, I find it rather misleading. So sorry.

Regards,
    It is ok. No harm done.

Nice meeting you guys in here.