Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Ran out of space for tanks,, Store room can??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ran out of space for tanks,, Store room can??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hello

as my fries grows i need larger tanks and more tanks, and SPACE!

thinking of using my storeroom, it'll normally closed and dark , but i'll provide aeration to every tank, can the fries take the temperature and no light condition?? healthy?

Thanks
    Jason

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    This should not be a problem. You can even add a table lamp to provide some light source for the fish. Just get a timer (those we use for planted tanks to control the lightings) and you can have control of the light up hours.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If its not dusty, why not? Jus clean up the room thoroughly and there, you get your own fish room!
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sia Meng keeps many killie trays in his store room. I think it should be okay but I would say it's important to leave the light on or else the fish will be shocked everytime the store room's door is opened.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hi Jason,

I have been keeping killies in my storeroom since day 1. I try not to close the door (for air circulation). I switch on the ceiling light from 7.30am to 10pm. I have 7 plastic tanks in on one of the rack and about more than 20 trays of fry. As for aeration, I do not have a power point in the store room, so I use a extension cable to tap from the nearest power point for my air pump. If you are staying in a new flat or if your storeroom is actually your civil defense room/bomb shelter, you shouldn’t have any problem with the power point as there should be one. But be extra careful when you handle water as there were always be a DB board in most of the bomb shelter.

To me the only setback of keeping fish in the storeroom is the space. You cannot have more than I person in the room and changing water is like a journey to hell! I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for all the infos

Jason