Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A Beautiful Killie

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I spent the whole of last night taking pictures of the pair of Killifish which Au gave to me a few weeks ago. Thanks, Au. They are a pretty pair and my photographic skills don't do justice to their amazing colours.

I will be adding a page of this fish to my gallery soon. Here's a picture of the male Simpsonichthys fulminantis "Guanambi" BHS 95/12.

I wonder why, with such beautiful fish, not more hobbyists in Singapore are keeping killies. Those guys just don't know what they are missing.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow!

That's a Kodak moment. Hard to get pictures of fishes with their finnage fully extended.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    That is one very nice killie.

I think most people or hobbyist prefer to just buy their fishes instead of breeding them. If come to breeding, most prefer to breed fishes such as apistos where they don't have to use peat, dry the peat, wait for a few months etc etc.

Furthermore, with killies, the word annual come to their mind - meaning short-lived. However, what they are missing out is that killies can be self-propagating. Take for example the nothos, australes etc. with a pair or trio the hobbyist can have a sustaining species if the fries are taken care of properly.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Kwek Leong,

Nice shot. Just to add a few photos to attract more hobbyist..... :wink:

The 2 photo are actually the same fish but using different lighting. As the chinese name applies....辐射珍珠将
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    I don’t if my eyes are playing trick on me, the colour of this fish changes according to environment. Whenever I lowered the water level to about 1cm, it turn red! I had seen this change many times.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    That's a Kodak moment.
    Speaking of Kodak moments, it's doubly hard for me because I try to capture the fish in pairs. When I first started searching for information on killies, websites rarely have pictures of the females. It's hard enough trying to take a good picture of the male but to get the female in the picture too can be a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

But every now and then, the fish come together and it all pays off.

Here's a pic of a pair of Aphyosemion bitaeniatum Ojube-Ode. I spent the better part of the whole of last night taking their pictures. I put up only 3 pictures of every species in my gallery but to get 3 good pics, I usually have to take a few hundred.

Loh K L