Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Counting of N. Rachovii eggs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    There was a posting by Au requesting for 300 eggs. I was wondering how you count them when I can harder see or find them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi KC,

If you want to count the eggs, the best media to use for breeding is Coco peat. I've shown alot of the guys who came to my place how easy it is to spot the eggs in them. Would you like to have some and give it a try? :wink:
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Au,

do you need to boil the cocopeat first just like the normal peat? Is that the cocopeat that i can buy at say Cold Storage for about $2?
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the offer. It's a very nice gesture, Au but I'm having second thought about breeding killies. I spent so much time on them already, so far no profit only expenses. It's not the profit that i'm worrying about but the huge amount of Rachovii in my tank!

I admire your entrepreneurship. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi KC,

My main aim is not to generate any profit from the transaction. I'm just selling and exchaganging excess eggs I collected with overseas breeders. This way, I can bring in more new species :wink:

Most hobbyist here are reluctant to get eggs from overseas. If I don't do it who would!

Due to the SARS issue, I had my paycut of about 13%. This means I don't have any spare cash for my hobby. So I have to think of a way to get my hobby going. That's how I started to sell and exchange my spare eggs overseas.

With the coming of funds, I manage to get new species coming in. On the list I have something like 12 species mostly non-annuals coming in. On top of that, I'm working with another breeder to Fedex another 9 non-annual species. The shipping by Fedex 2 day express already taking up 50% of the total cost!

So watch out fo new species coming the way.... :P :P :P PROVIDED THEY SURVIVE THE JOURNEY
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by zmzfam

do you need to boil the cocopeat first just like the normal peat? Is that the cocopeat that i can buy at say Cold Storage for about $2?
    I got those from the nursery. It's compressed into a brick form. I don't boil them but just use hot boiling water to rinse the coco peat. I'll try to post the picture up on how it looks like before and after cleaning... :wink:
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    This is how the coco peat looks like for those who is hunting for it......

This is how it looks like when I got it from the nursery..

After using hot water to rainse it and removing the floating coco peat, it's ready for use.

Au SL