Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Golden Wonder Killifish (Aplocheilus lineatus)

Golden Wonder Killifish (Aplocheilus lineatus)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, i recently bought a pair of these, and i was wondering if any of you had any tips on keeping these adorable little fish... particularly what hardness, and pH they prefer...

also, how do i sex them accurately? is it just the colour?

thanks
    Mori

has nobody here kept any of these killies? they're the only type that i've ever seen where i live (in Ontario Canada)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Mori,

seen this website before http://mx.geocities.com/mexfishweb/page.html?

Seems like that there are a lot of info on the Golden Wonder.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, Mori,

Welcome to the forum. I was hoping that someone here who have ever kept the fish would answer your question but it looks like you are not getting a good response. There's a very good reason for this actually.

The Aplocheilus lineatus is so common people here don't want to keep this fish anymore. Well, at least this is true for those of us who are keeping killies in our tanks. There are so many more exotic species to keep we really don't want to crowd our tanks with one that can be found easily in our local fish shops. So few of us keep this fish that I don't think any Singaporean here will have the answers to your questions but maybe some of the foreign members in this forum can help.

I'm sure you must have heard of the proverb that the "Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence". :wink:

Loh K L

thanks to all of you.. over here we don't have very many killies that are available at pet stores, as i said before theese are the only killifish i have ever seen in pet stores, and that's only at a couple of pet stores...