Thread: How to breed Fp. walkeri?

Feedback Score

How to breed Fp. walkeri?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hallo all!

I just bought a pair and a trio of two diffrent kinds og Fundulopanchax walkeri and would ask you if you have some good ideas how to success with them? Bottom mop or peatlayer?

And another question, sweet almond leafs magic or fairytale? May I bother to import some to Sweden? Worth the shipping cost and so on?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Froo, Welcome to the forum :wink:

Fundulopanchax walkeri is a non-annual and requires the use of mop for spawning. I've tried peat in a shallow container with great success with the Fp. gardneri.

I've being using almond leafs for all my killifish. all seems to like the water parameter created by the leaves. The results is fantistic with South American Annuals. I can collect about 200 eggs from 2 trios per week as compare to less than 100 from tanks without the leaves. Nothos are also less prone to velvet with the almond leaves.

If you want to have a try on the almond leaf, send me your address and you just pay for the postage cost and I'll send you some leaves. We have alot of these trees here.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to breed Fp. walkeri?

Quote Originally Posted by froo
    Hallo all!

I just bought a pair and a trio of two diffrent kinds og Fundulopanchax walkeri and would ask you if you have some good ideas how to success with them? Bottom mop or peatlayer?
    Hi, Froo,

Welcome to killies.com. It's good to know that more killifish hobbyists from other nations are subscribing to this forum.

If you don't mind me asking, is Froo your real name? And is that really you in the avatar? It's really quite unusual for someone to put his own picture in the avatar and I must say I'm really impressed.

I think one good way to breed the Fundulopanchax would be to do it the natural way by leaving them in a heavily planted tank and scooping out the fry whenever they appear. Fundulopanchax fry swim at the surface and they can easily be spotted by using a torchlight to shine on the water surface at night. Their eyes reflect light.

As for the Ketapang leaves, there's a lot of mystery surrounding them. Betta breeders swear by them and many claim the leaves have healing properties. I talked to some of my Muslim friends and they say the Ketapang leaves are also good for rheumatism. I read somewhere on the net that some people in other countries drink Ketapang tea as some sort of herbal drink.

I would say it wouldn't do any harm to try. But don't drink the solution until you know for sure it's safe Au has been very generous in offering to send the leaves so you really shouldn't miss such a good offer. On some websites, they are selling the Ketapang for US $2.50 a leaf. You're going to get them free so it's really too good an offer to miss.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Thank you both for quick and good advice.

Its me at the picture, but froo aint my real name. Its only my internet nickname.
    I thought this was a Singapore based forum but saw that other people as well had joined, and so did I . I hope more people use the chanse to make their profile more alive with a photo om themself or thier fish.

I like the mix of internet and killiefish, it makes it so easy to find new friends and get good information from all over the world.

I got this site from another forum (swedish) to see how I could bulit a nice mosswall. Im now trying to find i good net to get started with.

Best fishes/wishes
    /froo