Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Thank you!

Feedback Score

Thank you!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I would like to thank Loh and the moderators for making this forum such a nice place to visit!! I find this a very friendly place!!!
    Thanks again!
    Deb Bear

Feedback Score
    This is a nice place with no nonsense unlike other local forums. The discussions are of value and I had learnt a lot from you guys. Very much I would like to take part in every discussions, however I am currently very loaded with work. (Unfortunately not loaded with money :sad: )

I have to submit my outline for my final year dissertation really soon and exams are also around the corner. So I might disappear for a moment if you guys need to contact me just drop me an email or call me. I will still peak into the forum every now and then.

Lastly I hope that our forum will grow! Not targeting on size but on knowledge!

Many thanks to the Site owner and moderators! Not Good but GREAT WORK!

Cheers
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    I find this a very friendly place!!!
    I couldn't agree with you more Deb. This is more than a friendly place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sia Meng
    Many thanks to the Site owner and moderators! Not Good but GREAT WORK!
    We also have people like yourself, Au, Gan etc etc who are more than willing to share the knowledge and experiences.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zmzfam
    We also have people like yourself, Au, Gan etc etc who are more than willing to share the knowledge and experiences.
    Well it's the fun that when you see more people coming into the hobby. A few of us may have started the hobby earlier than some guys and that's why we have a lot more things to talk about then the rest.

We're all learning everyday and in no time I may have to learn from you guys here.

This last quarter, I'm very loaded with work.... my job is related to exhibition industry and due to the SARS case, most of the exhibitions have being postpone to the last quarter of the year. Who ever like to meet me face to face, I'll be around at Aquarama 03 (Sing Expo) at Hikari booth.

Who knows you may also see some killifish in the show....

This is a very nice place to gain knowledge and make new friends. Three CHEERS to Kwek Leong and the moderators here
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    I can only agree - kind, funny and very good advice from people with diffrent skills.

I hope we all will share new ideas, good things and even times when things didnt end up as planed. We can all learn (not laught) of others misstakes.

Myself i turned out to be more a keeper than a breeder, but Im working on changing that.

We make this go around!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    I would like to thank Loh and the moderators
    Thanks for the kind words, Debra. This forum wouldn't be what it is if not for people like you. But let's not pat ourselves on the backs too much. We still have a long way to go before we can call this an active/successful forum. It is my hope to see this forum achieve international status. I also hope more of my fellow countrymen/women will take up the hobby and join us here.

I'm in the midst of persuading someone very special to sign up. Her name is Louise Chng. Some of you may already know who she is but for those who don't, she's the girl who was runner-up in the contest shown on TV, the one called "Singapore's Brainiest Kid".

Louise should have been the champion but in the finals, they asked her a very unfair question which was "What's the ideal temperature range for the fish known as a Swordtail". Louise answered the question from what she knew from her own experience, I think. She said "29 to 30 C" which is the range of temperature most of us are having in our tanks. The correct answer, according to the host of the show was "24 to 27 C". It was a most unfair question and although Louise finished runner-up, she's the champion as far as I'm concerned.

The other questions were difficult but Louise answered them correctly. She knew that "Egg-laying toothcarps" are killifish and she also knew the distinctive feature of the group of fish known as Anabantids. She also answered the question about viviparity correctly and the answer was ovoviviparity. It's incredible how much she knows about tropical fish. They were not multiple choice questions so there was no luck involved. Louise, by the way, is only 11.

I know she surfs into this forum every now and then and I hope she's reading this. I need you all to help me persuade Louise to sign up. We all could benefit a lot from her knowledge.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Louise,

If you are reading this, WE WELCOME YOU!

Mr Loh,

I admire your ability to have "hunted" her down Keep up the good work in the forum guys!

Gan.

Feedback Score
    Louise,
    please join us !!!! I have a 10 year old and an 14 year old daughter who would love if you would join for they are often reading this forum over my shoulder
    Deb Bear