Country
    Singapore

Head-worn Magnifying lens

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ok folks,

I'm wearing magnifying headsets during work and also find these indispensible when searching for killie eggs.

My office will be ordering a few sets and in case any of you are interested, let me know here (so my mailbox don't get flooded!).

This is what it looks like and the lens can be swivelled up and out of the way. Details can be found HERE.

The good thing is, unlike the commonly available plastic lenses, this one is prismatic optical glass, which means less distortion (I know, cos I'm using a Carl Zeiss headset at work). It also means less fatigue and headache when used over a longer time.

I'm also order a set for myself, together with additional 'swing-down' loupes to increase magnification (gawd... I'm getting blind!). Let me know if you want these too.

IMHO, item #EL177 which gives a 2¾ X magnification ration offer a comfortable working distance of 6". Add a loupe to it and I think you can see the fry's development very well. At US$30.99 FOB, I think the price is pretty reasonable too (otherwise, would you think I'm getting one for home use??).

Price details are as listed on their site; FOB (excluding shipping) and in US Dollar.

Oh... I should also mention that I'm not affiliated with the company, just someone helping to source for these thingies for my workplace.

It's a one-time order and I'm hoping to share freight costs. If you're not comfortable with the arrangement, feel free to contact the retailer directly.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Please put in an order for one piece of the head-worn magnifying lens for me, Ronnie. It looks cool, should be useful when I'm looking for pimples on my face

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry, I'm not a X-men fan!

Seriously speaking, I'm wearing glasses and with this thing, it would be a hassle!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Sorry, I'm not a X-men fan!
    Seriously speaking, I'm wearing glasses and with this thing, it would be a hassle!
    eh KC, I ain't no "Cyclops" either :wink: but like Kwek Leong, I'm also wearing glasses and this headset swings down over your glasses, so there's no need to remove your 'extra eyeballs' .

FWIW, I'll be the first to admit that my eyes aren't what they used to be.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee