Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: KH Raise

Feedback Score

KH Raise

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can anyone advise me the proportion of sodium bicarbonate to add in a 3ft tank?
    currently my KH is 1, dropping my pH to 6.6
    how much shld i put & how often?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry, u can add a teaspoon and test the reading.. advise not to increase by more than 2 degree a day

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi GSKS

just to add on to what simon has mentioned, try one teaspoon and mix it well before pouring evenly into the tank and always avoid pouring on top of your fish. Wait about one hour and take the KH measurement.

Are you into planted tanks and injecting CO2?...coz at KH of 1, the correct level of your PH (CO2 rich water) should be at 6.0 to 6.2...

If yours is a planted tank, a good KH range should be around 3 to 6. It may be a good idea to test the KH level of your water. If your tap water is low on KH, you will need to replace the lost of bicarbonate at water changes.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    My tap water is also KH1 with a bare 3ft tank. Do a 30% waterchange 2x a week
    How shld i intro the sodium bicarbonate, meaning not pouring over the fishes?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dilute with water b4 pouring in.. left for a few hours and test yr water for KH reading

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi GSKS

it may be good not to pour over the fish coz for a brief moment the surrounding area's what parameter may change sharply just before subsiding as the water mixes.....whether there is a negative impact on the fish I do not know...but why take the risk?[]
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, I have the same problem. My KH is 1 and my pH went down to 5.4. I have a 3 ft bare tank and I wanna raise the KH up. What is a good KH level to maintain? Btw, my goldfishes are not doing well, one of them is already dead.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/22/2002 2:38:51 PM

Hi guys, I have the same problem. My KH is 1 and my pH went down to 5.4. I have a 3 ft bare tank and I wanna raise the KH up. What is a good KH level to maintain? Btw, my goldfishes are not doing well, one of them is already dead.
    ----------------
    KH - 5 to 6
    PH - 6.8