Nice Photographs of Dead Fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Taken 2 pictures of my 2 dead fish.
    http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/....dir=/Deadfish

Notice how beautiful they are even though they are dead.

regards
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Hi Sia Meng,

My sympathy about those dead fishes, I can understand how you feel. I think another uniqueness about killies is, they died beautifully
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    It is so sad when such beautiful things die!
    Thanks for sharing those pictures,Sia Meng.
    Were they dead long? Their eyes are clear not hazy like in most fish.
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    I am still in grief; infact the eggersi is one of my favorite fish. The 2 females are still alive and are currently breeding with their sons!

I took these photographs a few minutes after the fish died. I noticed that they were not swimming properly and knew they will not make it. Infact I watched the blue eggersi died of natural deaf slowly.

regards
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

me fish died too

Sia Meng,

my eggersi died to 2 days ago now left with juz 1 pair. hope they cane leave me sum eggs b4 they go. even my rachovii died the day after. then afew of my aother fish died this morning. no visible sign of desease so since it's my water changing day I decided to change 3/4 tank and invistigate whats the cause.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I may sound a bit philosphical but when the fish die, I don't really feel sad if I have already successfully bred them. As long as I have the eggs, the fish isn't dead to me.

All living things die at some point in time. It's going to happen to everyone of us too one day. There's no such thing as eternal life but I do believe we live forever or at least, our genes do. We may be dead and gone but our genes will live on in our children. Same goes for the fish.

I've always been fascinated by the life cycles of many animals. Take the Salmon, for instance. Why would a fish want to struggle through hundreds of miles swimming upstream to go back to the streams where they were born, just to lay eggs and die? Why would the male Black Widow Spider want to fertilise the female with his sperm when he knows the chances of being eaten by her are very high? I think animals know the answers much better than we do. Because the trick is not to try to live forever but to propagate yourself so that your genes live on.

I've already have 2 daughters so my genes are already quite well propagated. If you don't have children yet, maybe you should think about having some :wink:

Loh K L