Country
    Singapore

Please say Hello to Louise

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, fellas,

I had a very special visitor to my house today. Louise Chng came with her parents and younger sister.

Louise who's only 11 is a member of this forum now so I hope you guys exercise a bit more care with your language. Not that any of you had been vulgar in your posts but Louise is a very special girl and I don't want any of you scaring her away :wink:

Welcome to killies.com, Louise

Say hello to everyone. If you encounter problems raising the Nothobranchius rachovii fry, ask the people here for help.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hello Louise, glad you could join us on this amazing hobby, good luck with your fish and feel free to ask any pointers that we might be able to help you out on.

Andre

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    to young Miss Chng, i'd be more than happy to share with u my knowledge about my beloved armored catfishes, the Corydoras clan

on killies, i'm still a relative newbie but i'll help out as and when i can. about other tropical fishes, just ask and i'll try to answer :wink:

oh yeah, i love gerbils too. and yeah, u are one amazing young woman. impressive knowledge from someone so young.

Feedback Score
    Louise,
    Would you believe that ,LouAnn who is 10,is too scared to say "Hello"!
    So, I guess you are going to have to tell her to come on and grow up
    Welcome!! Sure glad you joined us. I was 15 when I got my first goldfish tank.I have been hooked on fish ever since.
    I didn't know what a killiefish was until about two years ago.We got a computer and I was surfing it when I came upon the AKA page.Their beautiful took my breathe away,and I still am amazed at their beauty.
    Deb Bear

Feedback Score

Re: Please say Hello to Louise

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Welcome to killies.com, Louise
    Hello Louise,

Welcome to the forum and be a part of this wonderful community about killies. The 'uncles' and 'aunties' here are also very friendly and helpful so don't hesitate to ask if you do have any doubts.. :wink:
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Louise,

Welcome aboard where the great fishes and keepers belong!

We had been talking about you since your appearance on that TV program. Many here are very inspired by your knowledge in killifish and your brain power. Many here and people in another forum where Kwek Leong started the thread lost sleep over the last question posted to you. If that were to be thrown to that winner boy, I am quite sure he would too fumble. Well, at least you are the brainiest girl in Singapore! Cheers!

Hope that you have fun here.

Best regards,

Freddy Chng

Louise says THANK YOU

Hello everyone,

Sorry I took a long time to respond. I tried to log in a number of times but realised that my account was not activated till today. This is the first time I am in a forum.

Thank you for all the kind messages. I am really flattered. I also want to say that Uncle Loh and family have been extremely generous in giving me all the help in starting my killifish tank. The eggs have now hatched and I am watching the fry everyday to make sure they are well. I may need a lot of help though, because my only experience is in keeping tetras and guppies.

I will sign off now but before that, I want to say hello to LouAnn and her mother "Debbbear". You know, I am like you, just an ordinary , shy girl.
    So, it will be fun to 'chat' on the forum sometime.

Bye !

Louise

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Louise says THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Louise
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry I took a long time to respond. I tried to log in a number of times but realised that my account was not activated till today.
    That was my fault, Louise. I didn't know that you being a minor, I have to activate your account before you can participate in the forum here.

Well, folks, you saw her on TV and now you heard from her. Louise is the youngest member in this forum but she's probably the brainiest I think we all should feel honoured to have someone like her in our midst. With her father's permission, I'm putting up the picture I took of Louise when she was in my home. She's such a sweet girl and Mr and Mrs Chng must surely be very proud to have such a daughter.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome.... welcome...

Hi Louise,

Great to have you here. we would really luv to share all of our experience here with you, altho we(some of us) is still new and learning.

So I guess you got yourself some killies from Mr Loh huh? I would luv to give some of mine but they are all not doing that well but I've got lotsa apistos. If you want can pass you some., juz pm me...
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello Louise!

Feedback Score

Hi Louise,

It is a blessing that you came to join us in this forum, hopefully with your presence, this forum would improve and the atmosphere uplifted.

Regarding the killies breeding, it is quite an addictive but interesting hobby when you grow close to the fishes.. we have all been infected here.

Know that if you ever need an advice, help or assistance, we are just a few clicks and pressing of the keyboard away!

Lastly, you are warmly welcomed, most of us here are active breeders with similar interest, so I’m quite sure that you fit in just fine in here. :wink:
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hello Louise,

Quote Originally Posted by lily
    Regarding the killies breeding, it is quite an addictive but interesting hobby when you grow close to the fishes.. we have all been infected here.
    Lily is partially right. It is not quite addictive but VERY addictive. Once you know that you can breed a certain species, you will want to try others.

It is good that you have the opportunity to start at a young age. I only get started when I have kids.

Have fun!
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Hi Louise,

Welcome to this forum. I am kinda new here too (few months) and I realised that the members here are very helpful. Glad you join in to this great big family.

P/s: You do look cute and adorable.
    Jennifer Ooi
    Living in Pearl of Orient