Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Aphyosemion australe Gold or Orange

Feedback Score

Aphyosemion australe Gold or Orange

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I breed some Aphyosemion australe Gold & they throw out beside gold some orange & some fish like orange with brown stripes on their fins but no markings on their bodies. Are these considered gold or orange?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That's the puzzling thing I still don't understand too . It got something to do with aquarium strain. What I know is, gold & orange came from chocolate, which is a natural species..

Any one out there care to explain? Greatly appreciated !

Gan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm not sure if my answer is correct but in nature, there's only a Chocolate Aphyosemion australe. The Gold, Orange and Spotless Orange australes are all aquarium bred fish. Gan, your australes and KK's both came from my tanks and I have to confess that sometimes, I get the fish mixed up. The australes you both got from me could have been cross-bred with other colour strains so what you see in your tanks now are a throw-back to the former genes.

It's like if your great-grandfather has red hair so although there's no red-haired member in your family now, there's a chance your child or grandchild may sport red hair on his or her head

Loh K L