Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Bought my first killie fish

Feedback Score

Bought my first killie fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Bought a pair of Nothobranchius eggersi and man, its rocks!

Very beautiful fish!

I love killies.

Feedback Score

Re: Bought my first killie fish

The female one did not survive, only left with the male one now.

Does anyone have any females to sell? Would like to see them breed.

Is it true that the life of the Nothobranchius eggersi is very short?

Tks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are you the same garlic in AQ who posts on a DIY flipper? Welcome to the world of Killifish . Like you, I am also new to killies, but I haven't got the fish yet. Still under preparation.

Feedback Score
    Pohsan and Garlic welcome to the forum, I am glad you found your way here.

Garlic, what’s your name, if you notice most members here sign off with their real names at the bottom of the forum. The culture here is quite different from other local forums.

Is it true that the life of the Nothobranchius eggersi is very short?
    Generally all Nothos should be able to live in your tank for at least 5~6 months if the conditions are right. However people like me who pump the fish with lots of food for eggs will not be able to see them living for more than 4 months.

Like you, I am also new to killies, but I haven't got the fish yet. Still under preparation.
    Poh San I am glad you take my advice to read up and get yourself prepared first. I do not wish see you wasting your money.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohsan
    Are you the same garlic in AQ who posts on a DIY flipper? Welcome to the world of Killifish . Like you, I am also new to killies, but I haven't got the fish yet. Still under preparation.
    Hi Poh,

Yep, I'm using this nick @ AQ and Petfrd.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlic
    Yep, I'm using this nick @ AQ and Petfrd.
    Lincoln, welcome to the forum.

As you have already noticed, the culture here is quite different from those in other forums. The regulars here will tell you that it would be a lot better if you sign off with your real name here when you post. As far as this forum is concerned, anonymity is discouraged. We hope that as you continue to stay in this forum, you will see for yourself the reasons why.

We will respond to first-timers who are not aware of the culture here but if you have already been in this forum for some time and choose to remain anonymous, chances are we will ignore you. Louise Chng, an 11 year old girl in this forum uses her real name so we really don't see why some would choose not to reveal themselves.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hi ya, thanks for telling me. No problems at all.

Find it a pity, such a beautiful fish but such short life span.

Feedback Score
    Have alot of reading up on breeding killies and I really want to try it now.

My N. eggersi needs a mate. Anyone has a female eggersi to let go or sell?

Also, would really appreciate it if someone could spare/sell me some N. rachovii eggs.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlic
    Find it a pity, such a beautiful fish but such short life span.
    Hello Lincoln,
    Glad you can find your way here and welcome to our small, but growing, family of killie keepers.

Like most nothos, they're annuals and have a shorter life span than non-annuals. They're however, not as short-lived as the specimens you bought.

I'm a nitpicker for details and couldn't help noticing the time between your first 2 posts; Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:51 pm and 6:02 pm... the time taken from 'rocks' to grave. I suspect something is out of line here.... were your new purchases acclimatized before being introduced to their new homes, or is your particular male a hard driver?
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    I bought the pair 2 weeks ago, was introduced to this forum by another person from Petfrd.

For the first few days, the female was swimming together with the male. Then, after about a week I saw the female lying on its sides.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Garlic, i've seen eggersi females for sale at Choong Sua Aquarium down at Bukit Timah. not sure if they're still there. almost bought a male/female pair myself but chose not to cos they're pretty common after Biotope brought in a large batch of eggersi 'Rufiji River' or something like that.

i would love to get my hands on the orchid notho. it's a fully blue version of N. eggersi. an article about it came out on a super old issue (80's? early 90's?) and i've been looking for it ever since.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.