Country
    Singapore

Chromaphyosemion / Aphyosemion

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear all,

For a while now, my interest in killies have shifted from Nothos to Aphyosemion and I want to join a German Chromaphyosemion Study Group, which as it's name implies, concentrates on Chromaphyosemion species (or Aphyosemion, to those in the USA).

That said, I'd like to know who's maintaining which Aphyosemion, so I can acquire different species (and bug you to breed yours! ).

For starters, I'm modestly maintaining the following Aphyosemion;
    Ap bivitattium Funge
    Ap bitaeniatum Lagos
    Ap bitaeniatum Ijebu Ode
    Ap australe Gold/Orange?
    Ap australe Brown
    These are nothing to shout about but that's what I have and there's gotta be a starting point right?.

I would appreciate an update;
    Kwek Leong, are you breeding those Ap hera ARK 96/1-2 and Ap poliaki Mile 29?

Lyon, how's your Ap Riggenbachi Yellow getting on?

Au, are you still breeding those BIT Lagos? I set up a spawning group with 4M/3F since a trio wasn't really prolific (I'm getting really puzzled here since I've already changed a few parameters).

Additional inputs is also appreciated. TIA.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Chromaphyosemion / Aphyosemion

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    Kwek Leong, are you breeding those Ap hera ARK 96/1-2 and Ap poliaki Mile 29?
    Ronnie, I'm afraid I don't have these fish with me anymore. I only managed to hatch 3 Ap hera eggs and they all turned out to be males. As for the Ap poliaki, I gave the last few to Sia Meng but the fish were in poor health when he took them from me so I don't think he managed to breed them.

I still have the Ap australes (Gold, Orange and Chocolate) but I haven't been collecting eggs for a while now. Life has been really hectic recently. When I get my life back in order, I will start collecting the eggs of the australes again.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    Au, are you still breeding those BIT Lagos? I set up a spawning group with 4M/3F since a trio wasn't really prolific (I'm getting really puzzled here since I've already changed a few parameters).
    Hi Ronnie,

I'm breeding the BIT Lagos in their 'natural environment'. I setup a 3ft tank with various plants to breed them with the AUS. Ocassionally, I'll have fry swimming around. I'll then take the fry out and keep them in raising trays. Of all the methods I've tried, this is the best and easy way to breed them.

At present moment, I have fry of

Aphyosemion christyi 'Kinshasa'(F1)
    Aphyosemion exigoideum 'Ngoudoufola'
    Aphyosemion schioetzi 'C85-1'
    Aphyosemion christyi 'Lobaye' chioetzi 'C85-1'
    Aphy. elberti 'Nange Eboko'

Let's hope that I manage to bring to adult and successful breeding them in the near future. :wink:
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Au SL
    Let's hope that I manage to bring to adult and successful breeding them in the near future. :wink:
    Au,

I know you have been very successful with many species of killies and I'm sure you will manage to raise the fry to adult stages. But I have a question for you. It's been puzzling me for quite a while now.

How do you find the time to breed and raise so many species?? Considering that you have a full-time job and is a father of 2 just like me, I'm amazed you can still find time to keep so many fish. Either you are superman or you have some secrets. Please tell

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Au SL
    I'm breeding the BIT Lagos in their 'natural environment'. I setup a 3ft tank with various plants to breed them with the AUS. Ocassionally, I'll have fry swimming around. I'll then take the fry out and keep them in raising trays. Of all the methods I've tried, this is the best and easy way to breed them.
    That's one of the ironic things about breeding this BITs and BIVs... they don't give you a single egg if you try too hard! Let them be, neglect them and they reward you (sheesh...)

At present moment, I have fry of

Aphyosemion christyi 'Kinshasa'(F1)
    Aphyosemion exigoideum 'Ngoudoufola'
    Aphyosemion schioetzi 'C85-1'
    Aphyosemion christyi 'Lobaye' chioetzi 'C85-1'
    Aphy. elberti 'Nange Eboko'
    Au, would you mind if I include these species to our "SG Aphy. database" for submission to Germany?

Personally, I wish you good luck and wet fingers, to spread these around.

Now... who else maintains Aphyosemion (including eggs & frys)?
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee