Country
    Singapore

Turaco's Eggs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

Gan QingZhong aka Turaco sent me these pictures last night but I was too busy to upload them. He got the eggs from aquabid.com. It's great that there are more people in this forum who have the initiative and the gung-ho spirit to acquire new species of killifish eggs from foreign breeders.

Gan is delighted with the eggs which arrived recently and likes to share the joy with all of you.

Way to go, Gan. Here's wishing your eggs hatch in good numbers

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Very nicely packed. The person who prepared this mail is very considerate.

Gan: you are very lucky. if i got visa card, i sure will buy from aquabid... sigh... attracted to a few species but cannot get.
    hee... good luck! must tell us when they hatched.

Angel

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverStallion
    Very nicely packed. The person who prepared this mail is very considerate.

Gan: you are very lucky. if i got visa card, i sure will buy from aquabid... sigh... attracted to a few species but cannot get.
    hee... good luck! must tell us when they hatched.

Angel
    I noticed the floss being used to prevent the peat and eggs from tossing around, and a good seal around the container.

Labelling is good with collection date, so one can approximate wetting. So yes, that's a considerate seller but I'm puzzled Angel, what stopped you from adding your fish wish-list in our mass-egg order? You only need an ATM card, not Visa, to pay Au! :wink:

Gan, do update us on that Aphy. If all goes well, I know where my pocket money is going next!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverStallion
    if i got visa card, i sure will buy...
    Angel, I'm just as poor , no credit card. I use bank draft. You will need to pay some charges to the bank though.

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    [Gan, do update us on that Aphy. If all goes well, I know where my pocket money is going next!
    Ronnie, I got 7 out of 12 eggs. 1 hatched today. Should have order more eggs in the first place, to bet on 1 fry & 6 eggs to adulthood & form breeding pair is a bit risky.
    Anyway, as this is my first time ordering eggs from oversea, seeing the mail arrive already make me very happy, even if all I get is peat . For those who order from the 'mass ordering exercise', if the number of eggs is small(12?), you will have face this potential problem .

Gan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill

I noticed the floss being used to prevent the peat and eggs from tossing around, and a good seal around the container.

Labelling is good with collection date, so one can approximate wetting. So yes, that's a considerate seller but I'm puzzled Angel, what stopped you from adding your fish wish-list in our mass-egg order? You only need an ATM card, not Visa, to pay Au! :wink:

Gan, do update us on that Aphy. If all goes well, I know where my pocket money is going next!
    i am still deciding but not very farmiliar with the names, thus it prevents me from adding into the list.

actually i saw some very nice ones around, but looking at the names made my dizzy....

need somemore time to make myself know more about killi first before i venture far out.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys,

I have some tough eggs that refuses to hatch. They are all eye-up. From the collection date till now, they should be due. I've tried the force hatch method- walk the eggs, CO2 blow & vinger eel. Short of the 'shrimp' method, what else can I do? My head gonna crack before the egg shell does .

TIA.

Gan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Have you tried doing the funky chicken?

Hey, but seriously, Gan, try microworms. They say if you put the eggs with plenty of microworms, the worms will eat off the outer casing of the eggs and force them to hatch.

Loh K L