Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: will temperature affect the viability of eggs?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

will temperature affect the viability of eggs?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    just wondering, now that the weather is getting more wet and colder, does temperature play a part in the development of eggs? and does it affect the viability of eggs if u are obtaining them from overseas breeders? i was planning to get some eggs on my own but am quite worried cos one of the websites stated that they don't like to ship during the period between November to March i think.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    yes, the temperature does make a difference! The warmer the sooner the eggs hatch.
    And why some do not like to ship from Nov. to March is, it gets very very cold here in the north part of the USA. I don't even live as far north as some and our winter can give us temperatures of 0F( sometimes below), even at 30F it makes it hard to ship fish or eggs.
    Hope this helps
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    .... our winter can give us temperatures of 0F( sometimes below), even at 30F it makes it hard to ship fish or eggs.
    Ooops, I hope the eggs will reach you before the temperature plunge below that region! The eggs will reach on the 12 November (latest). I had wrapped the eggs with Styrofoam. I hope this will help. But of course if the eggs don’t make it, I can always resend.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Siameng,
    We have been having Indain summer, for it has been warm this last week, But the weather for next week is to be in the low 60'sF at day and in the upper 30'sF at nights.So I'll keep my fingers X
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175