Country
    Singapore

Lily's Killie Tools

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

Lily Choo who has her own method of raising and breeding killies sent me these pictures yesterday. I must say she's really a clever girl because as far as I know, she didn't copy her methods from anyone. Although using plastic drawer trays to raise killifish fry is a method that is discussed often on KillieTalk Digest, Lily came up with this idea without help or prompting from anyone. If I didn't know her better, I would think she's an expert

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Clerver girls are good for dumb men :wink:

A syringe is good for many tings, I even use a plastic tube on the syringe to reach better and chase small tiny fry.

What are the other tools good for?

/froo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I also uses spoon and syringe but I don't uses the syringe to catch fry as I think it will hurt them. I uses the spoon to catch them. You may think that it is a ridicules method but it works fine for me. What you need is some some practices.

As for the syringe, I uses it to suck bbs and changing water for small trays.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok I forgot to ask. Did she tuck them to bed at night?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by froo
    What are the other tools good for?
    I copied the below answers from another thread, easier to refer to the tools in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by lily
    Once I am sitted at my "killies corner", I feel helpless without those SS. Mr Loh is as bit exaggerating here, I don't catch the fry with a Satay Stick, I only chased after them with one!

Like you, I am using those plastic disposable spoons for catching fry and for eggs picking, I use a metal "bird-nest" tweezer. I've never try touching the eggs with bare hand before, I use a stick. You can easily tell if an egg is bad by poking at it lightly with a Satay Stick, dont pierce. If egg is bouncy and slip away, result : good egg. Bad eggs get punctured easily, see, so easy...
    The Satay Stick is the sharp-ended stick on the rightmost of the photo. "Satay" - famous in SG - are pieces of meat skewered through with the stick and barbecued over charcoal fire. Eaten with gravy made from coarsely grounded peanuts and other spices. Hence the name.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Lily's Killie Tools

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Hi, folks,
    If I didn't know her better, I would think she's an expert
    Yes, she is one innovative lady. The term "Engineer" suits her, though a domestic one.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    me too dun use stringe but use a transparent camera lens blower which has a large diameter so the frys wont get hurt.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Hey Zulkifli,
    Thank you for posting the reply on my behalf, you sure are very observant.
    By the way, it should be seated instead of sitted,. It’s my grammatical mistake.
    Actually most of the time, I use the tweezers to pick smaller frozen blood worms for my fry also it is very useful for removing of dead fry or fishes.
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Ok I forgot to ask. Did she tuck them to bed at night?
    Hey kc
    Not only did I tucked them to bed, I sang them lullaby too!
    Lily Choo