Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: My Male Rachovii

Feedback Score

My Male Rachovii

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I left 2 females and 1 male in my tank. Currently I put in a breeding bowl for them. My male rachovii is not interested at the bowl. He does not enter the bowl at all but a female is already in there. How do I make that male to go in there. I know it is kinda ridiculous. My male just don't go in.
    Jennifer Ooi
    Living in Pearl of Orient

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't worry too much. The male N. rechovii will ultimately find it's way there. Give him a bit more time to feel around and he'll eventually know that that's the place for him to start his family :wink:
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My Male Rachovii

Quote Originally Posted by jkillis
    My male just don't go in.
    heh Jennifer, if there were'nt kids reading this forum, it would have been a field day for my twisted sense of humor. But since I'm such a good boy, I'll behave! :wink:

When I was experimenting, using fine sand in the breeding bowl, my male Simp Constanciae kept the ladies waiting too. Strangely, when I switched the media back to peat, they realized what they were supposed to do, so it might just be a matter of conditioning to different bowls or media.

If the fishes were more co-operative, I'd rather use fine sand, coco-fibres or spaghnum moss, as it's less messy and easier to collect eggs.

As Au have said, there's no need to be unduly worried... it's a classic case of "the boys just don't get it"!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score

Re: My Male Rachovii

Hey Jennifer,

I think I can figure out why your male refuses to be taken in by the females yet. Since he is the only male in the tank, he can take his own sweet time, BUT if you were to put another male in, situation will not be the same, trust me, it works!!
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    okie dokie....
    till today, the male still outside. i will change a different bowl for him this time.
    Jennifer Ooi

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't confuse the fish further by changing the bowl. They'll have to start all over again to get themselves used to the new bowl. So leave it as it is now.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    bad bad news. my male rachovii died. which means i left with those females. sigh.... don't know what happen to that fella. i think too stress.... do not know which female to chose upon to start up a family...
    Jennifer Ooi