Thread: Fp. gardneri mamfensis " Faishang" OD8-03

Feedback Score

Fp. gardneri mamfensis " Faishang" OD8-03

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    To all,
    This summer I bought a wild pair of these fish. I had no problems with them adjusting to my water. They ate well ,and it wasn't long until the female was well rounded out. I was excited as I checked the mops a few days later, just knowing that I would find some eggs. Wow, was I ever in for a surprize. There was not an egg to be find. I checked the mops,the water sprite and siphoned the little bit of gravel that was in their tank.No eggs
    I started increasing their water change, with more live foods. Once again the female rounded out. Excited again,I eagerly checked the mops,gravel and water sprite.Still, not an egg to be seen.
    I began to scratch my head as to what I may be doing wrong. I decided to let it go after giving them a good sermon on where they can go if I didn't see any eggs before long!Then I went back to feeding them like the others. The other morning I decided to try to take pictures of the male again.( He is a hard one to take pictures of, for the true colors want to wash out.)To my great surprize...swimming among the water sprite are fry. They even come out to eat with the parents,who take no notice of them. So where were those eggs hiding? Who knows!!!
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Obviously, the fish didn't like your spawning mops, Deb. What do you use to make spawning mops and what's the colour? Are you using floating or sinking ones?

I find the collection code names of killifish intriguing. The name "Faishang" sounds like a place you would find in China. I wonder about the other names too. Where do you find such places as "Ojube-Ode", "N'sukka" and "Tako Talpu"? Do these places really exist?

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Loh,
    I use the dark green acrylic yarn mops.I was told they like bottom mops so that was what I was using.I should try the top ones and see what happens. Maybe they don't like dark green.
    Faishang is found near Mamfe,western Cameroon, which is in Africa.The others are also found around there in Africa. If you go to Tim Addis website, he has some good information on locations.
    http://www.killifish.f9.co.uk/Killif...site/Index.htm
    Be prepared to visit there for awhile.
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175