Country
    Singapore

New arrivals from Chong Sua LFS

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi there...

saw some new killies at CS LFS... its yellow with black bands... thought you guys might be interested...

paiseh, I don't know the "scientific" name, only that I have never seen it before ha... by the way, its less than $10 (paiseh again, not sure whether can reveal actual price, forum rules ha...)

DesmonD

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: New arrivals from Chong Sua LFS

Quote Originally Posted by looloo
    saw some new killies at CS LFS... its yellow with black bands... thought you guys might be interested...

paiseh, I don't know the "scientific" name, only that I have never seen it before ha...
    You must be trying to tickle my funny bone here... but one question... how do you know this "yellow with black bands" fish is a killie if you've never seen it before???

Can you upload a pic? It'd be much easier than having me go down and look at the fish, right? :wink:

and oh... and you've got PM
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    those are Epiplatys dageti
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Can i know where is CS LFS located? If i have time, i think i will be making my way there to have a look.
    Regards
    Lu RongSheng (RS)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Looking at RongSheng's question which was answered in another topic just a few days ago, I wonder if we should build a list of addresses of local fish shops.

There's a Chinese proverb when translated into English goes something like "When you help someone, help him whichever way possible; when you see Buddha off, see him all the way to the West". Something got lost in the translation of course but basically, it means "if you tell someone about something new and interesting on sale in a local fish shop, you should also tell him where's the shop"

RongSheng, here's the address:

Choong Sua Aquarium
    #02-10 Beauty World Plaza
    140 Upper Bukit Timah Road
    Singapore 588176
    Tel: 64663512

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Confirm its Epiplatys dageti...
    check this site out http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Cyprin..._monroviae.htm

Alamak... I mean I have never seen this killie before prior to that "faithful" day...

DesmonD

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Loh, I make a trip down to this LFS yesterday but didn't see any killie for sale just marine fishes.

Is it the correct LFS that i drop by?

Feedback Score
    You will see the fish shop as soon as you take the escalator up to the second floor. Its directly in front of it. When you walked into the shop turn left and then all the way to the place where you can find an underground stairs (think the fish shop uses it for storage). The killies are kept in 2 tanks besides the stairs. Its the 2 tank at the bottom.
    Regards
    Lu RongSheng (RS)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Daz, i think u went to the wrong shop. there's 3 shops in the area. one at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre (thats the one u went to), one is at Beauty World Plaza (thats the one ur supposed to go to, and the last one is at Bukit Timah Plaza.

the shop is located in a pretty small building called Beauty World Plaza, just beside Beauty World Centre. the main landmark is the Hong Leong Finance branch at the bottom floor. go in the building and walk up the escalator to the left. at the bottom is a beauty salon and right up the escalator is the shop. closeby is a small coffeeshop and a PC shop. u can't miss it. the tanks containing the killies are on the bottom row on the left side of the shop, close to the downward staircase which is closed, and yes, the uncle uses part of the staircase as a store.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just another update, i found two young Simp. constanciae at the shop yesterday. pretty shocked but the uncle doesn't know that these guys are on the Red List for Endangered Species.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk
    just another update, i found two young Simp. constanciae at the shop yesterday. pretty shocked but the uncle doesn't know that these guys are on the Red List for Endangered Species.
    Jian Yang, could you link me to the article that says so? I'm maintaining Simp constanciae and IIRC, Sia Meng mentioned it too. TIA.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ronnie, here's the two links

1) http://www.redlist.org/search/details.php?species=6084

2) http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/Spec...me=constanciae

the following species of Simpsonichthys are on the list of Threatened Species.

1) Simpsonichthys boitonei
    2) Simpsonichthys constanciae

out of 32 species in the genus Simpsonichthys, 2 are listed as vulnerable. those of us who maintain S. constanciae or boitonei are helping in the captive propagation of these species as their natural habitats in the wild are being cleared for development.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk
    the following species of Simpsonichthys are on the list of Threatened Species.

1) Simpsonichthys boitonei
    2) Simpsonichthys constanciae

out of 32 species in the genus Simpsonichthys, 2 are listed as vulnerable. those of us who maintain S. constanciae or boitonei are helping in the captive propagation of these species as their natural habitats in the wild are being cleared for development.
    Thanks Jian Yang... it seems the next appropriate move would be to spawn and distribute the constanciae to a wider group of hobbyists!!
    Ronnie Lee