Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A. australe - Jumpers?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Stupid question - A. australe are they jumpers? as the tank they are in are not established well and algae are all over the place, I want to put them in my densely planted tank with Discus, Cardinal, black widow tetra, green neon, and lamp eye tetra.

I am already thinking it is a bad idea as the Disus & tetras, less the green neon and cardinal, does eat small living thing, worried the frys might not be able to survive.

Got 7 from Gan almost a month back, but alas 2 male died already, left with 1 male and 4 female. And the eggs he pass to me, alas I am a total failure, only 3 fry make it only. thinking I am not really cut out for fish parenting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Daz,

You have post it in the wrong folder. In future, please check before you start to post.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, sorry.

I realise the mistake after I have posted it. but cannot move to the correct folder after that.

Feedback Score
    I personally would not put any small fish with discus or tetras. The last time my guppies had babies in my community tank, my discus and black skirt tetra chased them until the finally went to the top and gave up. Then, the discus ate on them.

I've read that the A. Australe are jumpers so be sure to keep them covered with a lid or vegetation.

Heather

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have lost quite a number of them in open tanks due to them jumping out. Have since moved them to covered tanks.

Cheers,