Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Food for Killies

Feedback Score

Food for Killies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I am new in keeping Killies. Just bought some "australe" and tried to feed with frozen worms but they seem not interested. Neither are they interested in dried powdered shrimp. Need some advise.

Peter
    petey

Feedback Score
    Hi,

If you feed the killies once u released them into yout tank, most probably they will not start eating instantanously. Allow the new arrivals to settle into their new environment. you can try feeding again a few hours later once the fish regain it's colour and is accustomed to it's new home.

If your killi still dosen't feed on the frozen blood worms, u can trigger it's feeding mood by giving them live blood worms, then gradually switch to frozen over the weeks.

Hope it helps.

Angel
    ****I Love My Fishies!!! Looking at them just makes me happy...****

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hello peter, just a tip for acclimatising new fish. give them live foods, especially worms for the first few days and then gradually add in dried foods or frozen foods during feeding sessions. just a reminder, small fish have small mouths and if ur australes are pretty small i'd suggest u feed them with tubifex worms cos i've seen some fish that practically choke on a big bloodworm.

some pet shop fish usually don't get much to eat during their time in the shop. and they're fed differently at different shops, with some shops feeding their fish with live tubifex and some with dried foods and some with frozen foods.

like angelin has said, let the new guys settle in first and then start feeding. when u see them prowling around searching for food or getting more active and exploring their tank, then u can start feeding.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    I did let the killies acclimatize for a day before trying to feed. Will try with live worms. Thanks guys.

Peter
    petey

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You might want to try on the brine shrimps. It's easier to get the fishes start feeding with this. The adult australe can be feed with tubifex or bloodworms but not the fry for another week or two.
    Au SL