The Gathering - The Details

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    OH, bother....Freddy, you are going to have to tell me more! :P
    Deb,

I'm sorry I'm a bit late with the details but this is how the gathering went.

I was at Karin's shop at about 3.30 pm and there was already quite a good crowd there. But I noticed that quite a few were folks from other forums who have little interest in killies. They were there for the plants, the Downoi and Erect Moss. I wanted to delay the sale of the plants and killies until Au and Sia Meng arrived with their killies but the crowd was getting restless. So at about 4.10 pm, I started selling off the plants first. The 5 stalks of Downoi I brought were snapped up immediately but only about 10 people bought the Erect Moss.

At about 4.30, Au and Sia Meng arrived with many containers of killies and there was a buzz among the crowd. People started to crowd around the viewing counter and the place became very very warm. I think I would have fainted from the heat if I had stayed around the counter. If not for the fact that we had a meeting the night before to iron out details, it would have been chaos. Au and Sia Meng were kept busy answering questions and packing the fish. Without their help, Karin Leow would have been overwhelmed Ronnie was climbing up and down chairs taking pictures. The pictures would be uploaded into this forum later but I have to do some censorship first because there are quite a few camera-shy hobbyists in this forum. I'm one of them

At about 5, I decided it was time to auction Tom's eggs. And the auction turned out to be much more successful than I had expected. We managed to raise a grand total of Sing $182 for the 4 species of eggs Tom sent. Many thanks to Ronnie Lee, Darren Lum and Poh San for their generous bids. I've already discussed with the regulars here what we should do with the money and I like to assure you all it will be put to good use.

The highlight of the day for me was when Louise Chng turned up with her father. She's such an adorable girl. I was really surprised and pleased that Louise turned up at the gathering as she gave no indication she woud be doing so. The fact that she gave me a turkey baster as a present had nothing to do with my being surprised and pleased, of course Thanks, Louise.

The other highlight of the day, of course, was when the sellers collected their share of the sales from Karin after the gathering was over All in all, it was a huge success. Karin and her partner were very pleased with the turnout and the sales generated. Her cash register was ringing non-stop at one stage.

Ronnie managed to persuade many hobbyists to bring home a starter culture of his microworms and quite a few took home some vinegar eels. The regional manager of Eheim Singapore, an old friend of mine, turned up with a bag of pens and he asked me to distribute them to all those who turned up. I tried my best to ensure everyone got a pen but I may have missed a few persons.

I met many forum users but I'm afraid I can't remember all the names. There were quite a few people who weren't from this forum and the guy who bought the most expensive killie on sale is some mysterious person who goes by the name of David. I suspect he's killifishdavid in disguise

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Loh,
    Now I can stop bouncing..I was beginning to get weary
    It does sound that you all had a good time.Next time it will even go better as you will know what to expect.
    Well, I can't write a long note for the kids are fighting.. time for homework!!
    Thanks again for taking the time to write!
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175