Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Water Conditions in West/Central part of Singapore

Feedback Score

Water Conditions in West/Central part of Singapore

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, got these info from various fish forums and since its not posted here. Just wanna share with you guys although I'm not sure if anyone here practise large water change, but anyway..

Just been informed by the Water coservation Dept, PUB that the following areas will have a higher concentration of free residues chlorine +/or chloramine with effect from the 2nd December 2003.
    The affected areas are Bukit Timah, Hillview, West Coast, Clementi, Ayer Rajah, Pasir Panjang, Telok Blangah, Queenstown, Thomson, Serangoon, Sentosa, and the City areas.
    The concentration falls within the safe level of 2mg/litre for Human consumption. So no worry. However, please be extra careful when you do your water changes for your fishes!

Note that the date has been postponed to 9th Dec 2003. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sim, what's your real name? here in the forum we use our real names rather than our nicknames. just for your info

anyway thanks for the info. i've had several fish losses over the past few days. some died of disease, but i had a massive die-off a few months ago when i lost about 10 corys after i did a big water change that particular day.

nowadays i always use more than the recommended dosage of anti-chlorine whenever i change water with water fresh from the tap. using Hagen Aqua-Plus now. used to use Tetra AquaSafe with good results.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score

Name??

Hi stormhawk, Sim is my surname and MC are my initials.. Nick is just like the army name tags. Hmm.. most of my friends and I used the brand Genesis ($5 per bottle) and so far so good. (touch wood).

10 corys!! You must have quite a big tank eh?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the 10 corys were in two separate 1 ft QT tanks. i have a 3ft tank with 56 corys and a 2ft tank with 30+ dwarf corys (pygmaeus, hastatus, habrosus, xinguensis) and 24 mid-sized corys. abit too much i think, thats why i intend to stop obtaining anymore corys. have more than enough cory pics to last me for a lifetime. :wink:
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.