Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Next meet up: How do you think it be?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Next meet up: How do you think it be?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    If we ever have another meet, how do you like it to be run and what do you expect out of the meeting?

Freddy Chng
    1) An official program for the meet
    2) Would-be participants to register (in the forum invitation thread), so that KL can select a suitable site for the meet.
    3) I wish to know more people here to exchange ideas on planted tank and fishes - should there be a good form of introduction?
    4) Buy/sell in a better way - should there be both balloting and auction (needs catogorisation)?

Please contribute your view.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Proposals

Freddy, having an official program would be a pretty good start. At least we'd have some organisation of the whole affair. As for registration, I think it would be better if those who are interested in turning up to at least leave a PM for the organisers. By knowing the numbers we can plan for the proper premises to hold our event.

On the subject of proper introductions, I'd suggest that we have an open introduction before we start off the event. And as for the buy/sell issue, balloting shouldn't be the way. I would propose the following points.

1) Issue of over-buying of a single species by a single individual
    - Proposal : With respect to the number of pairs available, one person can only buy 2 pairs with the option to buy more pairs (NOT all pairs) IF nobody else comes up to take the other pairs.

2) Seller's Rights
    - Proposal : Seller prices the fish accordingly and allows the sale of his/her fish to any party, regardless of interest levels. Seller reserves the right to reject or accept additional purchases of more than 2 pairs of the same fish by a single buyer. (Refer to point above)

2) Auction Issues
    - Proposal : Judging from the rarity of the species available during the auction (this refers to rarity within Singapore itself), I would suggest that the base price be raised as commensurate with the captive status of the fish within Singapore's shores. (eg. species which have not been seen in Singapore prior to the auction will have a higher starting bid price as compared to species which have been seen or bred locally) This, IMO, will make the auction more lively and much more fun to be in, especially when we're bidding against each other for a certain fish. However, certain rules should be followed.

a) maximum bids should be capped at $90 to $100 to prevent the overpricing of fish.
    b) each bidder is allowed to bid for a maximum of 3 species with regards to the number of species available (option to raise the maximum number higher IF the number of species available exceeds 8 species)

On the issue of making the fish more affordable to students and such, I propose that they get a 5% discount on the price of fish available provided that they show some form of student ID. (Note: This rule may be reversed by the seller) However, during auctions, there will be no discounts on the bid price for students and like. Highest bidder wins. Auctioneers reserve the right to reject the final bid.

Hopefully my proposals will help during the next gathering. :wink:
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I've only got time to post a short note but I have to say, after reading Jianyang's proposals, that it's really a pity we didn't have him as one of the organisers when we had the first gathering.

Jianyang, you came up with some very good rules. I'm in agreement with almost all of them.

Loh K L