Country
    Singapore

Christmas Moss as Background

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hello all...

chanced upon this forum and good work here. one of the better planted tanks forum i've come across.

anyhow, i'm thinking of using the xmas moss as a background. i've already bought the moss but i'm not too sure in which manner should i be attaching it to my foam / mesh.

1) in which direction should i be attaching it? horizontally or vertically? vertically rite?

2) if vertically, how long do you guys allow it to grow before you trim / pull it out?

3) how closely should i space the strands of moss apart during the innitial planting?

thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i am hoping to achieve something like this.

http://www.designaholik.com/MossWall.jpg

(picture is taken from Jason's site.)

Loh would be the big expert on this. He has the most gorgeous moss wall ever(To die for). From my own experience with moss and riccia, its better and faster growing to fold the mesh other than tieing it on like Jason says to do it on his site. A little can cover up a lot of space, but i haven't gotten to the point where i need to trim or pluck out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Christmas Moss as Background

Quote Originally Posted by _Uncle Party_

chanced upon this forum and good work here. one of the better planted tanks forum i've come across.

anyhow, i'm thinking of using the xmas moss as a background. i've already bought the moss but i'm not too sure in which manner should i be attaching it to my foam / mesh.
    Uncle Party,

Thanks for the compliments but please take note that in this forum, you will have a better response to your questions if you sign off with your real name.

To find out how you can grow your own moss wall, go to:

http://www.killies.com/Mosswall.htm

As far as I know, the most important factor to grow moss successfully is a low temperature. Anything above 28 degrees C would be too warm for mosses.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi hi...sorry it took so long for a reply. i didn't bookmark the site, and it took forever to search it.

anyhow, thanks timebomb for the tip.