Country
    Singapore

Photography Session

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

Choy is coming to my house this coming Sunday (4th Jan) to take pictures of some of my fish. He and Ben Yau (aka subzero) is building a Photo ID web site where pictures of fish will be shown together with their natural histories. In other words, he will document the countries of origin where the fish are found, the scientific names etc. I think what Choy and Ben are doing is something worthwhile and we should help them out.

If you have any fish which are quite rare (it doesn't have to be Killies), please bring them to my house this coming Sunday. Choy will take the pictures and the fish will be returned to you. But before you come, please let us know here what fish you are bringing. Choy may already have the pictures of your fish so we don't want to waste your time.

If you have a false SAE, I think Choy would be interested in taking its pic too.

Please bear in mind that although we will take good care of your fish, we can't guarantee they won't die in the process. If that happens, please don't blame us.

Ronnie, if you are coming, I think Choy may want to take the pics of your Chocolate australes and Simp constainciae. Please bring a pair along. The photo-taking session is probably going to last a whole day. Choy should be coming to my house in the morning. You all are free to drop by anytime.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear Mr Loh,
    I do not have any rare fish for photo taking, but I am very interesting to learn how the photo taking is carried out and also to see your collection of Killies. Can I drop by to take a look if I am free from the work on Sunday?

Regards,
    Poh San

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Poh San,

You are welcomed to drop by but I'm afraid I have to tell you that you will be disappointed if you think I have many species of killies. I don't. I used to have many but I gave/sold most of them away. I don't have the time anymore to maintain many species. These days, I have only a few species and most are very young fry. I have 2 species of Rivulus though that I think only I'm keeping. Unfortunately, they are all males so there's no hope in ever breeding them.

For those who are interested in observing the photo-taking session, please come after 2 pm as Choy can't come earlier.

This is my address:

Block 104 Towner Road
    #08-324
    Singapore 322104

My block is right beside Boon Keng MRT.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have some boraras brigittae. Is that already on the list?
    Cheers
    Boon Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    brigittae is already in the archive, so it wouldn't be ont he "shoot"-list.

Perhaps I should add this comment:

It is very difficult to shoot fishes properly after they have been through the trauma of being caught and transported. I would like for you to bring only those fishes that are hardy and not easily frightened or loses their colours.

Also if you can spare a pair (male and female would be good) either on-loan or given to me, will be even better so that I can bring them home for shooting over a few weeks. Do let me know if you want to loan me or give me fishes as I have limited space and also to make sure they don't fight with the existing population :wink:
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear Mr Loh,
    I am sure that your Moss wall is equally fascinating. Too bad that my mother in law will be visiting me tomorrow. I will give you a call if I can make it. I found your home number in one of the threads.

Regards,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi KL,

I will be dropping by at your place tomorrow afternoon. Would be good if i picked up some photography tips from Choy, and yes, I've already set-up the tank for the simplex. Not a fancy tank. Its in fact a very established tank that was previously housing a pair of black phantom tetras, one rocket pencil and one odd rasbora. I've already move those buggers to a separate plastic tank. Hopefully the simplex will acclimatise easily to the tank. Oh yes, I do have some MTS (Malayan Trumpet Snails) in the tank. Shouldn't be a problem right?

If all goes well I should be bringing home the simplex tomorrow. Thanks in advance. :wink:
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    KL, this is the chicken guy who refused to come out of the moss cave, what is the scientific name? (I know there is no lcality code).

and this is the guy in your main tank

why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Choy,

I think you made a mistake. Both are the same fish, a male Fundulopanchax gardneri in my main tank. He does not have a collection code so it would be "aquarium strain" fish.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Choy,

I think you made a mistake. Both are the same fish, a male Fundulopanchax gardneri in my main tank. He does not have a collection code so it would be "aquarium strain" fish.

Loh K L
    so that's a Fundulopanchax gardneri TRE 08/324. :wink: